Author Topic: My boss kept telling me I'd make a great wife...  (Read 4418 times)

Free Range Hippy Chick

Re: My boss kept telling me I'd make a great wife...
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 04:21:42 PM »
Somebody said it to me once in a business meeting and for once I got the right answer, which was 'out of what?'

Gyburc

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 06:58:28 AM »
I would have taken this kind of comment from an otherwise good boss as a misguided compliment, and would have let it slide a couple of times. If it had been an ongoing thing, though, I think I would have tried to find a polite and friendly way of asking boss to stop, because I'm sure it would have started to irritate me.

When you look into the photocopier, the photocopier also looks into you

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 10:00:22 AM »
Somebody said it to me once in a business meeting and for once I got the right answer, which was 'out of what?'

Marvellous.
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

OSUJillyBean

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 10:18:12 AM »

;D ;D ;D

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 10:23:53 AM »

;D ;D ;D

I love when I have the perfect response come so quickly! Unfortunately, it doesn't happen as often as I'd like. I'm usually more like a deer in headlights and wind up staring in silence: