Author Topic: Missing Wedding Invites and the Refusal to Communicate Update#20  (Read 9269 times)

chibichan

Re: Missing Wedding Invites and the Refusal to Communicate Update#20
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2013, 08:54:43 PM »
If you are dealing with people who insist on wringing blood from a stone ( i.e. , getting info from you that you simply do not have . ) then please feel free to use my favorite tactic -

Go stupid on 'em .

Just keep repeating " I dunno ." like a slightly dim parrot until they slam down the phone in sheer exasperation .

Works every time . ;D
The key to avoiding trouble is to learn to recognize it from a distance.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: WHY Can
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2013, 01:37:47 AM »
She may have to retire and get a job running a library for a cruise ship or something, just to give her an excuse NOT to be around either her old job or her family for a while......she's on the ship and incommunicado while they are at sea!

I hear the Queen Mary 2 has a very nice one.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: Missing Wedding Invites and the Refusal to Communicate Update#20
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2013, 01:44:30 AM »
Cue more phone calls to me.  I mean, SIL was asking me what the colors were, how many bridesmaids and so forth....it's not like I am the bride's best friend.  I am an old, well liked cousin who keeps in touch, however intermittently.

"Why on Earth do you think I know or care? CALL HER!!!!"

And quit taking their calls until after the wedding.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture