General Etiquette > Family and Children

Missing Wedding Invites and the Refusal to Communicate Update#20

<< < (2/7) > >>

katycoo:

--- Quote from: Yarnspinner on April 30, 2013, 11:52:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: katycoo on April 30, 2013, 11:37:46 PM ---Here's what I'd do (and only to try to stop everyone from calling me).

Call Cleo.  Tell her that X and Y have not received any invitation, but Tut has said they should have.  You have no idea who is invited but in case this is the situation, please someone send them an email inviting them and with the details.  If they are not invited, someone should call/email Tut to tell him to stop inviting people.

--- End quote ---

Cleo may be getting a call, but her father is definitely not inviting people who weren't invited.  Cleo asked me for their address, which, at the time was their old residence.  Her future MIL is, for reasons no one can ascertain, forgetting to invite the people whose addresses she requested.  One of Cleo's fiance's best friends didn't get an invite and another found himself invited but not his wife.  Cleo's parents (who are footing the bill) didn't get an invite.  It's as if MIL lost half the list or just ran out of invitations and didn't feel like making more.  It's not like she decided to drop half the guest list because she couldn't afford to have a big party because she's not the one paying for it...

My big worry is the whole "kids or no kids" thing.  I dread the notion of my niece walking in and everyone staring daggers at her because they were told not to bring their kids.  But--since there was no "no children" written on the invitation, no one knows if this is the case or not.

I really can't wait for July.

--- End quote ---

I realise that but I find it safer to play dumb when involving yourself so it looks like you're not sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong.

kudeebee:
Honestly, I would stay out of it from now on. It isn't your problem.  It is between Cleo and her parents and your brother and family.

SIL has the response card and said that she was going to fill it in "that all of them were coming".  So when Cleo gets the card, it is up to her to handle the situation. If you get more calls/emails from them, tell them to contact Cleo directly and ask her.

Last_Dance:

--- Quote from: kudeebee on May 01, 2013, 01:41:44 AM ---Honestly, I would stay out of it from now on. It isn't your problem.  It is between Cleo and her parents and your brother and family.

--- End quote ---

POD!

peaches:

--- Quote from: kudeebee on May 01, 2013, 01:41:44 AM ---Honestly, I would stay out of it from now on. It isn't your problem.  It is between Cleo and her parents and your brother and family.

--- End quote ---

I agree. The wedding couple, and their parents, are responsible for arrangements.

I would back out, and if asked questions, suggest that people contact the bride and groom-to-be.

oogyda:

--- Quote from: peaches on May 01, 2013, 06:10:33 AM ---

--- End quote ---

I agree. The wedding couple, and their parents, are responsible for arrangements.

I would back out, and if asked questions, suggest that people contact the bride and groom-to-be.

--- End quote ---

Exactly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version