Author Topic: Has Hell's Bells been closed down?  (Read 3550 times)

Kiwichick

• Is anyone else hungry now?
Has Hell's Bells been closed down?
« on: May 01, 2013, 07:42:01 PM »
There seems to be an ever increasing number of wedding related threads lately.

Since posters aren't using the wedding forum could we have a separate board here again?

Nikko-chan

Re: Has Hell's Bells been closed down?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 08:01:08 PM »
As far as I can see Hells Bells has not been closed down, but is still running:

http://www.weddinghellsbells.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=6bd48ce58a5040a713703941f52d8329;wwwRedirect

I think some people are posting some wedding related stuff here because it is both a wedding and an etiquette dilemma. That is, it could apply to regular etiquette as well, even though there is a wedding involved.

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 02:15:29 AM »
I think some people are posting some wedding related stuff here because it is both a wedding and an etiquette dilemma. That is, it could apply to regular etiquette as well, even though there is a wedding involved.

That, and then the fact that this board is busier, so people are more likely to get replies here.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

Moray

• My hovercraft is full of eels!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 01:42:28 PM »

That, and then the fact that this board is busier, so people are more likely to get replies here.

I'd think MariaE's is probably closer. Here are the stats listed at the bottom of Hell's Bells vs. Etiquette Hell

Most Online Today: 18.

vs.

Most Online Today: 573.
Utah

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 10:46:22 PM »
I check Hell's Bells only very few days.  There are things I'd like to ask here but I know they're meant for Hell's Bells.  On the other hand, Hell's Bells doesn't get much traffic so I'm not sure I'll get the answers for which I'm looking.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 02:32:02 AM »

I'd think MariaE's is probably closer. Here are the stats listed at the bottom of Hell's Bells vs. Etiquette Hell

Most Online Today: 18.

vs.

Most Online Today: 573.

That particular statistic refers to how many people are on the forum within a 15 to30 minute time period over the course of a 24 hour period.   It is not a total number online PER DAY.     So, it is actually recording the highest number of people that are viewing the forum within any 15-30 minute time frame.    I can choose to set the statistics to record for every 24 hour period but SMF highly discourages that as it actually decreases server performance and gives an artificially high number as many visitors would likely be counted more than once. 

Hells Bells stats are actually improving.  From March to April there was a five fold increase in the number of new posts and number of page views went up by 33%.   And to be honest, the regulars that do frequent that forum have a vast amount of wisdom so while threads are not long, they do contain significant information.  Better to have fewer but meatier posts than a lot of fluff, imo!

If there is an increase in wedding related threads here, people need to be directed to address those issues in Hells Bells.   

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 02:49:24 AM »
For example, right at this moment there are 10 guests and 2 members viewing Hells Bells.   Below that stat it says which two members are active in the past 15 minutes, one of whom happens to be me.   If there are 12 people viewing the forum just in the past 15 minutes, then a total of 18 PER DAY does not make sense.    So, it is actually 18 people in 15 minutes was the highest number per 15 minute increment that day(and I did check and I have set it for 15 minute threshold).