A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Rosacea- what works for I you?

<< < (5/5)

Bramble:
My rosacea is usually pretty mild, though it can flare up at times.  I've found the best results with Paula's Choice products, particularly their BHA products.  I use the 2% BHA mostly, but if I get a bad flare up the 9% BHA gets rid of it pretty fast.  Here's a link to their page on rosacea http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/rosacea/_/treating-rosacea.

ETA:  Paula Begoun is also the author of "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me", and has pretty good advice about what ingredients/products work better for rosacea sufferers, and what to avoid.

Aquamarine:
The only thing that has worked for me is the laser treatments (Limelight specifically), seriously they are a not a big deal at all, my treatment takes literally about 2-3 minutes to do.  My skin is red for about 15 minutes and that's that.  A touch of mineral and makeup and it's gone.

The Revaleskin treatment line is a line geared specifically for those with rosacea/sensitive skin.  A local derm office should sell it.  I recommend buying only from a professional source, there are a tremendous amount of counterfeit products flooding the internet that look exactly like the real thing but are not the same at all.  Priori mineral makeup is a line made specifically for people with redness issues and is proven to make quite a dramatic difference, seriously it is like Photoshop for your skin.

Personally I have found nothing over the counter that I have been impressed with for myself or my clients. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version