A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Rosacea- what works for I you?

<< < (2/5) > >>

MorgnsGrl:
For a while I had good luck with Lush's coal face soap, but then it stopped working. I do think tea tree oil helps a bit, I've read that using a sulphur soap works but it was too harsh for me, this stuff Prosacea does help - http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/prosacea-rosacea-treatment-homeopathic-topical-gel/ID=prod2162510-product. Taking an omega 3 supplement seems to help sometimes.

JenJay:
I've tried it all and the system that has kept my moderate (red cheeks and nose, lots of painful little bumps on my cheeks) rosacea basically gone for the past 18 months is this:

-I wash every day with prescription sulfacetamide cleanser. When I was working and wearing makeup I'd wash twice per day. A bottle costs whatever your generic copay is ($10 for me) and you only need a little per washing so it last for a good 6 months.
-I gently pat my face dry and then, depending on the season, apply 1-3 drops of pure seabuckthorn *seed* oil to my fingers and gently rub it in. You'll find oil derived from both the berries and the seeds, you want the seed oil. It's not cheap, I've paid between $8 and $15 for a little bottle but again, because you're only using a few drops at a time it'll last several months. I didn't have any luck with products containing the oil, it has to be pure oil. Do this before your regular moisturizer and let it absorb for a few minutes before anything else goes on top of it.
-Finally, about once a month or so when my face needs some extra exfoliation, I do the oil cleansing method. I use a combo of 80% olive oil to 20% flax seed oil. I was told to be careful which oils I used because a lot of the more common OCM oils will exacerbate rosacea. You'll want to do a bit of researching on this and consult your dermatologist to see what would work best for you.

Now the only time I have a flare up, and even then it will only consist of maybe one or two bumps, is if I eat spicy foods two or more days in a row. I don't even wear makeup anymore!

Syfygeek:
Oh, rosacea, how I hate you!

What has worked for me:
Clindimaycin Lotion- from the doctor
Redness line of makeup from Clinique- cleanser and moisturizer are good, but I adore the makeup.

BUT- best of all- this moisturizer from Walgreens (that's the only place I've found it) Sudden Change Intensive Restoration Daily Moisturizer Cream SPF 15- after a couple of weeks using it, I could go out without makeup and not have the red cheeks of fire. It's about 10 bucks, and I absolutely love it.

JenJay:

--- Quote from: Syfygeek on May 02, 2013, 09:40:47 AM ---Oh, rosacea, how I hate you!

What has worked for me:
Clindimaycin Lotion- from the doctor
Redness line of makeup from Clinique- cleanser and moisturizer are good, but I adore the makeup.

BUT- best of all- this moisturizer from Walgreens (that's the only place I've found it) Sudden Change Intensive Restoration Daily Moisturizer Cream SPF 15- after a couple of weeks using it, I could go out without makeup and not have the red cheeks of fire. It's about 10 bucks, and I absolutely love it.

--- End quote ---

I'll have to check that out! One of my triggers has been SPF moisturizer so I haven't been able to use any.

mechtilde:
Only medical treatment have worked for me. I do keep out of the sun- but that is also on medical advice.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version