General Etiquette > Life...in general

Multitasking?

(1/8) > >>

oogyda:
While I was getting a pedicure today, a woman came in, selected her color and sat down next to me.  She then opened her McDonald's bag and started eating her lunch.

Am I wrong in thinking one shouldn't? 

From conversation, I know she is not a working woman who was squeezing in the pedicure during her lunch hour, but even if she had been, would that make it okay? 

I often see, and am guilty of, bringing in a cup of coffee or a bottled drink.  Is that just as bad?       

heartmug:
If the establishment allows it, then I would say not rude.  Sure the smell might make others hungry, but then again people eat on the subway, at the park, etc.

White Lotus:
I wouldn't care for the smell, but given the spacing of the pedicure chairs in every salon I've ever been in, I would regard that as my problem -- they are pretty far apart, and it is reasonable to think most people wouldn't mind and might even enjoy the smell.

Yvaine:
The smell of McD's annoys me unless I'm personally eating it, but it smells better than nail polish.  ;D

That said, I think it's probably up to the salon what kind of rules they might want to make about that. It could open the door to people creating messes, etc.

siamesecat2965:
I wouldn't be thrilled with it, esp if I were hungry, but whatever the salon is ok with is going to trump what I want, or not.

That being said, my salon is in a teeny strip mall with a DD, and I frequently try and go first thing sat morning for my pedicures. And will sometimes pick up a cup of coffee and donut and eat while I'm getting my pedi. That doens't smell as much as McDonalds, and I try very hard not to make a mess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version