Author Topic: Multitasking?  (Read 4363 times)

Roe

• Super Hero!
Re: Multitasking?
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2013, 03:56:35 PM »
I wouldn't make a habit of it, but if it was a choice between eating there or being miserably hungry when I'm supposed to be relaxing, I'd just grab something to eat really quick during the pedicure.  But then I'm not someone who can skip meals easily.

I agree.  I, personally, wouldn't eat while getting a pedicure but that's not to say that she was rude, esp if the salon didn't correct her behavior. If it was against policy, then I'm sure they would've asked her to put it away.  If they didn't, then that is on them and they would be the rude ones.

As for the smell, one meal usually doesn't stink up an entire room unless it's seafood or something similar. One Big Mac meal wouldn't necessarily overpower an entire salon.  It smells like greasy food when one walks into McD's because there are large quantities of it but one meal, I've never experienced that overpowering "oh my gosh, I'm about to throw up" smell that some are describing.  Maybe some of you are more sensitive but even then, it's one meal in a salon.  The other salon smells are more dangerous/nauseating to most than a burger. (most salons)

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2013, 04:34:17 PM »
If you owned a salon, would you think you needed to have a rule that says "Please don't bring your meal in to eat?"

I read an article a year or so ago discussing the higher volume of people eating in non-traditional settings. He recalled a time when meals were eaten at meal time and at dining tables. Not gobbled up on the subway or in a doctor's office waiting room. He also discussed how in the US business climate if you have a busy day the first thing to go is your lunch hour. Instead we eat at our desk or in our car between meetings. Other cultures are much more protective (as they should be in my opinion) of their lunch hours.

Any way the reason this post reminded me of the article is I was getting my nails done a few weeks ago around lunch time and several of the manicurists were eating their lunches between clients in the main salon area. I know they have a back break room as I've walked by it when going to the rest room, but instead they remained in the main area chatting and eating. It felt unprofessional to me.

Roe

• Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2013, 05:07:45 PM »
Not necessarily but unfortunately, meals on the go are part of today's culture regardless of whether we like them or not.

QueenofAllThings

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2013, 07:10:55 PM »
I wish there was a 'like' option for Cicero's comment.

I think I need to hang out with Cicero.

Library Dragon

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2013, 07:34:43 PM »
Not technically rude, but not the best form.  It reminds me of being the only afternoon customer in a non-spa nail salon for a pedicure.  The receptionist sat in the chair next to me eating a peanut butter sandwich and had a yelling conversation with someone on the other end of the room.  Never went back to that business.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2013, 11:45:55 PM »
I wish there was a 'like' option for Cicero's comment.

I think I need to hang out with Cicero.
8)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

ettiquit

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013, 10:22:48 AM »
I'm wondering if a pedicure is the only situation in which it's apparently ok to eat while having a service performed on your body.  Would it be ok during a massage?  A waxing?  What about  doctor's appointment?

To me it comes down to respect, and I think this woman showed that she doesn't have much respect for the employees of that salon, or the other patrons.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2013, 04:06:52 PM »
Eating during those situations aren't really as possible. You're bringing in apples to the oranges here.

I'm about to head into a massage in about 30 minutes. And I happen to know that it's not really feasible to eat when you're on the table.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2013, 04:20:52 PM »
When I get a pedicure there is always some time where I just sit and soak my feet.  Nobody is working on them, they are just in the swirling water.  In fact this happens at least two times during each pedicure.  Sometimes I also have them out of the water but sitting and moisturizing without anybody working on me.