General Etiquette > Life...in general

Cruise Steward Awkwardness S/O B&B Awkwardness

(1/7) > >>

ladyknight1:
For those who do not like the turn-down service in a hotel or bed & breakfast, what do you do on a cruise ship?

On both of my cruises, the steward was in the room at least three times a day. Room cleaning, fresh towels, and ice in the morning, ice again in the afternoon and fresh towels if needed, then turn down service in the evening. We only keep a do not disturb on the door when we are in the room and not expecting room service, so I am curious what other cruisers do.

Judah:
When I stay in a hotel I hang the "Do not disturb" sign on the door the whole time because I don't like or need housekeeping to come in during my stay. On a ship though, I find the rooms to be very inconvenient and hard to keep picked up and neat, so I'm grateful for the almost constant visits from the steward. Things just get out out of hand too fast otherwise.

FoxPaws:
Can you leave instructions at the beginning of your trip that you don't wish turn down service or you don't need the ice bucket filled?

My sister's MIL was so squicked about the steward touching her nightgown (her ship did the nightclothes origami at turn down) that she brought an extra one just for that purpose and hid the one she actually wore every night in her suitcase.  ;D

DavidH:
I think the easiest solution is the "Do not disturb" sign on the door.  Another option is to tell the steward one the first day that you would prefer they only service the room in the morning or not at all as you want.

Paper Roses:
"Nightclothes origami"?  Really?  I've never heard of it, but is it what it sounds like?  Do they actually get out your nightclothes and make origami out of them?

And if that's the case, what if you sleep in the altogether?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version