General Etiquette > Techno-quette

A "Cardinal Rule" of Facebook?

(1/11) > >>

GSNW:
I was listening to my local radio morning show this morning on the way to work. 

The female host (Mercedes) mentioned this as a "Cardinal Rule" of Facebook, and naturally I was curious about what everyone here thinks.  Mercedes says that posting pictures of a bride and groom on FB is an etiquette issue, and the "rule" is that NO ONE in attendance at the wedding should post pictures of the B/G until the B/G have posted pictures themselves... and then, it's open season.

I've never thought about this myself, but I'm not a person who posts photos of every event I'm at.  On one hand, I can see the B/G wanting to "debut" the photos of their wedding themselves.  On the other hand, it seems a little SS to mandate that people to hang on to their photos ("Me and BrideKaty at her wedding this weekend!") until B/G decide it's time to put them out there (if ever, since not everyone does that). 

What do you guys think?

CakeEater:
That wouldn't bother me as a bride. I'd be excited to see people's photos.

I think not posting photos that are very unflattering is a more important rule.

Surianne:
I think it's best to ask the bride and groom before posting photos of their wedding. 

Slartibartfast:
I had better things to do between my wedding day and my honeymoon than to spend them worrying about getting credit for Facebook photos.

Hmmmmm:

--- Quote from: GSNW on May 02, 2013, 06:44:31 PM ---I was listening to my local radio morning show this morning on the way to work. 

The female host (Mercedes) mentioned this as a "Cardinal Rule" of Facebook, and naturally I was curious about what everyone here thinks.  Mercedes says that posting pictures of a bride and groom on FB is an etiquette issue, and the "rule" is that NO ONE in attendance at the wedding should post pictures of the B/G until the B/G have posted pictures themselves... and then, it's open season.

I've never thought about this myself, but I'm not a person who posts photos of every event I'm at.  On one hand, I can see the B/G wanting to "debut" the photos of their wedding themselves.  On the other hand, it seems a little SS to mandate that people to hang on to their photos ("Me and BrideKaty at her wedding this weekend!") until B/G decide it's time to put them out there (if ever, since not everyone does that). 

What do you guys think?

--- End quote ---

There was a discussion about this a year ago. I agree with her rule but the majority thought that guests shouldn't be restricted.

I can't find the discussion now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version