Etiquette School is in session! > "What an interesting assumption."

You don't like that.

<< < (2/9) > >>

BeagleMommy:
Perfection!

ShadowLady:
Interesting fact that I picked up in another thread about allergies and food that I did not know - Soy sauce (most brands) has wheat in it!  I started looking at the ingredient list on them. and almost all brands had wheat listed as either the first or second ingredient.  Now my hubby is careful when shopping, and we make sure that I get a soy sauce that does not have wheat.

Sheesh, you have to check *everything*.

ETA:  Interesting side story - I dislike chickpeas, but recently tried a huummas with artichokes, and thought it was wonderful.  You never know about tastes.

And LadyDyahi, I'll be PMing you for that recipe.    :D

Ms_Cellany:

--- Quote from: ShadowLady on May 03, 2013, 03:23:42 PM ---Interesting fact that I picked up in another thread about allergies and food that I did not know - Soy sauce (most brands) has wheat in it!  I started looking at the ingredient list on them. and almost all brands had wheat listed as either the first or second ingredient.  Now my hubby is careful when shopping, and we make sure that I get a soy sauce that does not have wheat.

--- End quote ---

Look for tamari. It's not guaranteed to be wheat-free, but much more likely. Tastes better, too. 

General Jinjur:

--- Quote from: Miss Tickle on May 03, 2013, 01:10:24 AM ---I swear, I didn't prompt him at all.

--- End quote ---

I would hope not, that was not a very polite thing to say. I get that it's annoying when you are trying out a different diet - my in-law's table is always laden with things I am trying to avoid - but a simple, "I've found I actually like this, thanks" is a fine way to respond. The "interesting assumption" comes off as overly defensive.

enjoIi:
I have to agree with the previous poster - if BIL didn't know that your DH's eating habits had changed, it's not an assumption.  All your DH needed to say was something along the lines of how his tastes have changed.

I honestly think he was the rude one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version