Author Topic: Wow - look at the time!  (Read 2289 times)

cicero

• Super Hero!
Re: Wow - look at the time!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 05:01:51 AM »
i have to confess - when i first read the OP i thought "no way, I always know exactly what time it is"

... until this morning, that is.  8)

I wake up early to go to the gym. so i wake up at 5.30, plan to leave the house at 6.15 The Latest, so i'll be at the gym by 6.30. so i make coffee, and let it settle, and start to drink my coffee and fiddle around with the tablet, and read emails and a few news items, and... all of a sudden it's 6.15. and i hadn't showered yet. so essentially, i woke up early and wasted my time instead of either sleeping a bit later or getting myself to the gym...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Curly Wurly Doggie Breath

• Aussie's Rule
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 08:27:09 AM »
Lol Me me Me *jumps erratically Up and Down*

Most Peeps I talk to are overseas. A few times, Ive looked up and dawn is breaking  ???

The Southern Cross Flag. Australia

Figgie

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 10:16:40 PM »
I have learned not to look at the clock before I go to bed.  This is if I have been reading in bed and I kind of know that it is late. :)  By not looking, I don't know how long it is until I have to get up and I don't know how long I actually slept.  It's my way of convincing myself that I am less tired than I am and it works really well for me!

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2013, 11:25:53 PM »
This is me.  I am a night owl and can stay up for hours reading or playing games.  I have to force myself to close my eyes and go to sleep.  I get migraines when I don't get enough sleep, so that motivates me to go to bed.

Specky

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2013, 11:53:39 PM »
When I noticed it was morning.  :-\

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 12:29:03 AM »
I have learned not to look at the clock before I go to bed.  This is if I have been reading in bed and I kind of know that it is late. :)  By not looking, I don't know how long it is until I have to get up and I don't know how long I actually slept.  It's my way of convincing myself that I am less tired than I am and it works really well for me!

You do this too?
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

oogyda

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 02:26:30 PM »
It's not just nighttime! I've been known to get the kids off to school, go into the basement to work on crafts or sewing and be completely surprised when they get home.
It's not what we gather along the way that matters.  It's what we scatter.

Figgie

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 02:30:01 PM »

You do this too?

Yup!  :)  It helps that I take my glasses off to read and can't really see the clocks unless I make an effort.  So, I choose not to make the effort and since I really don't know how late it is and what time I actually went to sleep, I can convince myself that I am well rested. :)

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 03:51:16 PM »
Pinterest can do that to me. I'll be sitting there looking at pins and pinning other people's pins to my pinboard....and before I know it it's seven o'clock and I'm like "whoa, what happened?"