Author Topic: Sharing the credit . . . Not Sharing the credit (A two part question.)  (Read 2878 times)

mandycorn

I wouldn't say anything to anyone about it now, but I would make a note in your records and make sure to mention both of these awards (and your part in them) when performance review time comes around. If your company is like mine, we have to do self-reviews prior to our official reviews, and I think that's the place where I would mention it. Just to make sure boss remembers your hard work months from now when bonus time comes.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

Surianne

• Super Hero!
    • Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
I wouldn't say anything to anyone about it now, but I would make a note in your records and make sure to mention both of these awards (and your part in them) when performance review time comes around. If your company is like mine, we have to do self-reviews prior to our official reviews, and I think that's the place where I would mention it. Just to make sure boss remembers your hard work months from now when bonus time comes.

This is a great idea.  Mention what your particular contributions were in connection with the award, in the venue where it makes sense (performance review, application for a promotion, etc.).

citadelle

• fully functional & aesthetically pleasing
Think about Oscar winning producers and directors. There must be so much support for them that makes the movie happen, but they get all the credit. If they are thoughtful, they thank the crew in their speeches, but they get the ultimate credit. It is the nature of being "the boss".

Looking at it this way . . . it makes a lot of sense.

Thanks, jpcher. That made me feel good! :)