General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Age Limits and Managing Volunteers Small update #15

<< < (5/5)

Eeep!:

--- Quote from: gramma dishes on May 06, 2013, 09:34:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: Amara on May 05, 2013, 09:03:37 PM ---...   The rule can be amended slightly for the first year ONLY to say that any child with previous experience who is within one year of meeting the age requirement can be grandfathered in with permission from the theatre's managers who have final decision-making authority. (That leaves it in your hands.) And no, I wouldn't grandfather in Boy 2 primarily for his misbehavior but also because he is much too far away from reaching the new age requirement.

* You may want to have rules like misbehavior can only happen once before the child's right to usher is revoked for the season. In addition, a child of any parent found to have lied about the child's age will not be allowed to work as an usher for two seasons.)

--- End quote ---

I like this approach!

--- End quote ---

I think this is a really good way of handling it.
I too am curious as to what is involved in "ushering". I would be quite suprised to arrive a theater and have a 5 year old take me to my seat. Unless it was a children's performance or something. 

snowdragon:

--- Quote from: Eeep! on May 07, 2013, 12:27:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: gramma dishes on May 06, 2013, 09:34:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: Amara on May 05, 2013, 09:03:37 PM ---...   The rule can be amended slightly for the first year ONLY to say that any child with previous experience who is within one year of meeting the age requirement can be grandfathered in with permission from the theatre's managers who have final decision-making authority. (That leaves it in your hands.) And no, I wouldn't grandfather in Boy 2 primarily for his misbehavior but also because he is much too far away from reaching the new age requirement.

* You may want to have rules like misbehavior can only happen once before the child's right to usher is revoked for the season. In addition, a child of any parent found to have lied about the child's age will not be allowed to work as an usher for two seasons.)

--- End quote ---

I like this approach!

--- End quote ---

I think this is a really good way of handling it.
I too am curious as to what is involved in "ushering". I would be quite suprised to arrive a theater and have a 5 year old take me to my seat. Unless it was a children's performance or something.

--- End quote ---

I would too, and a child of any age is the last one that I would call in the event of an emergency or a problem with seats.   And those are the things I associate with ushers duties.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version