Author Topic: Do you ever wonder what happened next?  (Read 26386 times)

zyrs

• spiffily male.
Do you ever wonder what happened next?
« on: May 06, 2013, 05:47:39 PM »
I done a few posts on ehell, but I mainly lurk and read.  And sometimes a post will stick with me and I will wonder - what happened next?  Did things get better?

The ones I wonder about most:

1.  A vegetarian/vegan poster had an aunt that refused to let her be a vegetarian/vegan.  It came to a head during a picnic one summer where the poster had brought a dish to the picnic so there would be something she could eat and the aunt mixed meat into the dish.  I always wondered if the aunt ever came around.

2.  A female poster whose children all sounded really awesome  -  her husband's brother was always trying to horn in on a team her children and husband were associated with and trying to get credit for it at work.  I wonder if he ever got a clue.

3.  A woman had a dinner party and a guest doodled on the tablecloth.  I know he apologized profusely, but was there ever another doodle accident?

There are more, but those are the main ones I wonder "What happened next?".  What are yours?

rose red

• Super Hero!
Re: Do you ever wonder what happened next?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 06:23:58 PM »
The poster who's neighbor keep asking for rides to school for her children and even break into her home and sit on her bed to wait.  Did she ever start up again?

A bride who wanted her wedding outdoors in Texas(?) in Summer without any indoor facilities nearby for guests to cool off.  There were other issues too, but I forget what.

What happened to New Girl (the vegetarian) and Nicole (the foot stomping boss)?

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 06:32:18 PM »
I'm mostly trying to figure out how much booze I should send Yarnspinner when she finally gets to retire  8)

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 07:40:07 PM »
I'm mostly trying to figure out how much booze I should send Yarnspinner when she finally gets to retire  8)

There isn't enough !  As a long time lurker I have read the past stories and the one that I wondered what has happened is the mom with the spoiled daughter at the skating practices .  Has the girl ever realized she is not well liked?  And has mom ever caught a clue? 

Wulfie

• I'm so pretty! Oh so pretty! - Morgan the Cat
    • Unique Weddings for Unique Couples
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 07:54:26 PM »

Not sure either but I am sure it is measured in tanker truck loads and not simply bottles.

Bluenomi

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 08:09:04 PM »

Not sure either but I am sure it is measured in tanker truck loads and not simply bottles.

A library full!

BB-VA

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 09:53:17 PM »

A library full!

I hope you don't mean this library:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vige/2783406394/
"The Universe puts us in places where we can learn. They are never easy places, but they are right. Wherever we are, it's the right place and the right time. Pain that sometimes comes is part of the process of constantly being born."
- Delenn to Sheridan: "Babylon 5 - Distant Star"

nuit93

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 10:01:35 PM »
I do sometimes go back and look for followups.

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 10:02:22 PM »

I always figured she wouldn't need any at that point - she needs it now so she can make it to retirement! :-)

Maude

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 01:20:16 AM »
The one posted by Orisha (I think) about a MIL who would not leave her alone with her (Orisha's) own child at family gatherings.MIL also did some really gross things.

Curly Wurly Doggie Breath

• Aussie's Rule
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 09:19:25 AM »
The dumb Bil was Duckie

The Tablecloth thread did have an update. I think he eventually appologised

The Southern Cross Flag. Australia

BarensMom

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 09:57:03 AM »
The dumb Bil was Duckie

The Tablecloth thread did have an update. I think he eventually appologised

Apologize, heck!  Did it happen to say if he replaced the tablecloth?

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 10:10:13 AM »
A few babies I am wondering about. One had an inherited condition that caused missing or unformed bones and heart problems. Mom was posting regularly until the boy was a few months old.

Another was a set of twins, a boy and a girl, Blueberry and Strawberry, I think. The boy had gastric problems but was doing well.

Another was She Who Must Not be Mentioned. She was cleaning out an estate and getting all sorts of grief from the rest of the family. She is the one who made me realize we needed to update our wills. She was still settling things, but managed to get way too political in other posts - so it must have been 5-6 years ago. She went to another forum, but I am not a fan of that one, so gave up.

The woman in southern Illinois who was caught up in the tornadoes and floods there last year. She has two young daughters, and she and her family were living with her parents during the rebuilding.

The nursing student, finally a nurse, who has a great sense of humor. I think she is from northern Florida. She has a child, really worked hard, and got a position on an oncology ward.

There are more. I do get attached to some people, whether they and you know it or not.

LB

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 10:47:14 AM »
Another was a set of twins, a boy and a girl, Blueberry and Strawberry, I think. The boy had gastric problems but was doing well.

This was GlindaBunny. I was friends with her on FB for awhile, and last I saw they were all doing well.

Miss Tickle

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2013, 10:49:40 AM »
All the time! I wonder about the people who are regular posters then drop off the face of the earth, and the ones who start one (or more) dramatic thread and then disappear. Do they get bored and leave? Do they get banned?

There was a case of this recently in a gossip column.  I can't remember if it was Prudence, Abby, Margo...

The situation was the writer had a MIL that hated her, and every time she ate over at her MIL's she'd get sick. She was looking for advice on what to do about it. The agony aunt suggested switching plates with her husband to see what MIL would say. A couple of months later there was a horrible followup.  At another family dinner, the meal was served buffet style, so the writer thought she was in the clear, but the table was set with placecards (for the first time) and each setting had some preset sauces. Horseradish and jus I think. So, rather than making a scene about the food, she switched her sauces with her husband.  Guess who got sick that night?

The writer told her husband what happened, and he freaked out and accused HER of trying to poison him. She ended up leaving him.

It was interesting in that you find that kind of closure on this site, but rarely do you have a followup in a syndicated column.