Author Topic: Do you ever wonder what happened next?  (Read 26229 times)

demarco

Re: Do you ever wonder what happened next?
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2013, 07:57:46 PM »
Oh, I just thought of another person  - Andromeda (originally was Candi I think, then Ondine for a while).  She was on a respirator for a congenital respiratory problem called Ondine's curse. I loved her posts, she was an excellent and interesting writer.

She had the first of several surgeries to wean herself off the respirator. I often wonder how she is doing.

ITA. I always enjoyed reading her threads. 

I miss a lot of our members.

squeakers

« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2013, 09:37:59 PM »
For people missing posters.. it has been said to not ask about anyone since they may have been banned.  Something about if you really wanted to know how someone was doing you should have PMd them and became friends (as in FB or email or what have you) and then you would know how they are doing.

While it is great to see some OPs popping in and updating us .. some OPs may not want to due to no update/nothing interesting happened, the update would open old wounds or not being able to update due to being banned (one can still read a large portion of the forum w/o being a member).

"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Softly Spoken

• "I am a hawk on a cliff..."
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2013, 12:21:34 AM »
I fell through the archive rabbit hole (there's a few hours magically gone *poof* ::)  ;D) and read about one early EH member's HOA horror. I would love to know if cskirpan/Cathy still lives next to these wackaloons or if she finally has some well-deserved peace to raise her family on her lovely non-HOA property! If by some miracle the neighbors are no longer a problem, I am wondering just how many inches thick the "Binder of Weirdness" got before things were settled...
"... for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare

"We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't."  ~Frank A. Clark

minky

« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2013, 12:37:05 AM »
I fell through the archive rabbit hole (there's a few hours magically gone *poof* ::)  ;D) and read about one early EH member's HOA horror. I would love to know if cskirpan/Cathy still lives next to these wackaloons or if she finally has some well-deserved peace to raise her family on her lovely non-HOA property! If by some miracle the neighbors are no longer a problem, I am wondering just how many inches thick the "Binder of Weirdness" got before things were settled...

http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=29875.msg681090#msg681090

This link (specifically post 165) discusses what happened to cskirpan.

Seraphine1

« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2013, 05:36:30 AM »
I remember the "Dresser Queen" stories but I can't remember who wrote them.  She also left, but can't remember why.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2013, 07:40:16 AM »
Oh, I just thought of another person  - Andromeda (originally was Candi I think, then Ondine for a while).  She was on a respirator for a congenital respiratory problem called Ondine's curse.  I loved her posts, she was an excellent and interesting writer.

She had the first of several surgeries to wean herself off the respirator. I often wonder how she is doing.

She was last online in 2011.  I hope that nothing happened to her.   :(
I see her posts on Facebook, she seems well.

Thank you for the update. I wanted to ask about her, but couldn't remember her name except she used Greek mmythology. She seemed to struggle so much, but not really complain.

Queen of Clubs

« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2013, 10:08:38 AM »
I remember the "Dresser Queen" stories but I can't remember who wrote them.  She also left, but can't remember why.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

MarinaDCA or MarinaInDCA (I can't recall which) was the Dresser Queen poster.  She changed her name to NOVA Lady, then later stopped posting.  I don't know if she's actually gone or just lurking.

Here's the link to her profile: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=306

Edited to fix the name and to add the profile link.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 10:12:15 AM by Queen of Clubs »

Seraphine1

« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2013, 03:46:51 PM »
Thank you, Queen of Clubs!

CrazyDaffodilLady

« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2013, 10:47:48 PM »
I was poking around in the hell's bells forum and finally found a thread I still wonder about.
http://www.weddinghellsbells.com/smf/index.php?topic=94975.0
In fact, the last post is me pleading for an update.

The OP was Dynamoe. She posted 6 times and has not been heard from since May 2011.
She posted about a coworker who was supposedly throwing a $250,000 wedding but was behaving bizarrely and hitting her prospective guests up for a lot of money.  My suspicion was that there was no wedding and probably no fiance. 

I also found a link to the thread (locked) about the couple who threw a BWW after being secretly married for two years.  The HC showed a video of their original wedding during the BWW reception.
http://www.weddinghellsbells.com/smf/index.php?topic=95759.0
The OP was Ged Billede, last active October 2012.

One more: http://www.weddinghellsbells.com/smf/index.php?topic=98739.0
This one was started by PeasNCues about some friends who were contemplating charging the members of the wedding party a fee.  Last update July 2011.

It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.

Fleur

« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2013, 05:23:00 PM »

I always wondered what became of Sycorax, the German lady who kept horses. When I lurked, she was probably my favourite person on here. She was a wonderful hand at description.

DoubleTrouble

« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2013, 10:24:12 PM »
Outside of that, why bother to be a troll?  Life is already full of so many bizarre stories -- that's what keeps me coming back; I am very entertained by a lot of what I read here (and I like seeing responses from lots of people, rather than read an advice column and only read the columnist's reply and almost never know what happened later).

I'd have to agree with that, if I told even half the stories of what has happened to my cousin & her husband people would think I'd be making it up. But they are honestly the most crazy people/events magnets people I've ever met in my life. I really don't know how they do it & half the time they don't even understand how crazy things are until they tell someone else & we all go  :o :o

Like the time cousin's hubby was in Toronto waiting to pick up cousin from the airport to go to our grandfather's interment, he saw a place that advertised massages & since he'd had a rough flight into Toronto decided to get one. Let's just say he was not-so-subtly offered a happy ending; he really had no idea it was *that* kind of massage place. We knew it was true when he turned about 6 shades of red telling us the story! I just love to live vicariously though them >:D

But I'm loving this thread, I now have too many old threads to re-read!

Maggie - many (((hugs))) to you, I remember the story  :'(

VisitingCrazyTown - please let GlindaBunny know we are thinking of her. Her twins were born a year after mine & I always felt so helpless for her but amazed at the strength she showed in dealing with Blueberry's condition.

eltf177

« Reply #131 on: December 24, 2013, 06:17:12 PM »
Going through old threads and found this:

http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=101622.0

Now I wonder what happened to demoted co-worker, from OP's description it sounded like co-worker (who was also on probation again) probably would end up either quitting or getting fired...

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #132 on: December 24, 2013, 07:07:30 PM »
I wonder about Poptart too, and if her husband ever matured.