Author Topic: Do you ever wonder what happened next?  (Read 26373 times)

Yarnspinner

Re: Do you ever wonder what happened next?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 10:51:19 AM »
I'm mostly trying to figure out how much booze I should send Yarnspinner when she finally gets to retire  8)

I always figured she wouldn't need any at that point - she needs it now so she can make it to retirement! :-)

You guys crack me up!  And you are right, IF I make it to retirement, I won't need it.  These days, we have a Library Gripe Club that meets once a month where we eat pizza or tacos or whatever the specialty of the restaurant is and drink margaritas (or wine or whatever is available) and have healthy portions of Stonecold's reputation for dessert. 

I know I have been saying I was going to retire for a long time, but every time I decide "this is it" my financial goal posts get moved.  Right now I am in debt up to my eyeballs thanks to the medical bills of a cat that has been dead for two years, travel bills incurred because of family illness and we won't even talk about the car....anyone want a twenty year old Honda with more dents than the moon?

Thanks for thinking of me, Slartibartfast!

Yarnspinner

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 10:53:49 AM »
All the time! I wonder about the people who are regular posters then drop off the face of the earth, and the ones who start one (or more) dramatic thread and then disappear. Do they get bored and leave? Do they get banned?

There was a case of this recently in a gossip column.  I can't remember if it was Prudence, Abby, Margo...

The situation was the writer had a MIL that hated her, and every time she ate over at her MIL's she'd get sick. She was looking for advice on what to do about it. The agony aunt suggested switching plates with her husband to see what MIL would say. A couple of months later there was a horrible followup.  At another family dinner, the meal was served buffet style, so the writer thought she was in the clear, but the table was set with placecards (for the first time) and each setting had some preset sauces. Horseradish and jus I think. So, rather than making a scene about the food, she switched her sauces with her husband.  Guess who got sick that night?

The writer told her husband what happened, and he freaked out and accused HER of trying to poison him. She ended up leaving him.

It was interesting in that you find that kind of closure on this site, but rarely do you have a followup in a syndicated column.

I think the thing to do would have been to switch with MIL when she wasn't looking....

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 11:43:07 AM »
Another was a set of twins, a boy and a girl, Blueberry and Strawberry, I think. The boy had gastric problems but was doing well.

This was GlindaBunny. I was friends with her on FB for awhile, and last I saw they were all doing well.

Thanks. Great!

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 11:50:34 AM »
Would love to see links to the mentioned threads.  Many of these I have never seen before!

Just a note,  threads asking whatever happened to specific posters have been locked.  Maybe just keep it to the specific threads alone.

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 12:01:59 PM »
The lady whose sister-in-law was training to be a chiropractor and kept adjusting OP's infant's spine. OP wanted it to stop but her DH was okay with it and they had squared off over it. A lot of people advised OP to threaten the SIL to stop or get reported and lose her license. That's the last I recall.

Virg

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2013, 12:03:15 PM »
BarensMom wrote:

"Apologize, heck!  Did it happen to say if he replaced the tablecloth?"

I remember this thread.  The doodler apologized and she was able to clean the tablecloth.  Also, the cloth was an heirloom so replacing it wouldn't have been a good fix.

Virg

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 12:08:09 PM »
Wedding guests are told exactly what to wear  Now on Hells Bells, but was originally here

Requested Attire for Guests

For Women:
Name of Bridal Chain's "Bridesmaid" Gown, Style Number F12442 in Black
Black Sandals of your choice; 3 inch heel or higher

Please order early as it takes 8-12 weeks for the gown to come in!

For Men:
Black Single Breasted Tuxedo with a Notched Lapel and One Button Closure
Flat Front Trousers
Black Patent Leather Tied Shoes

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2013, 12:12:14 PM »
Would love to see links to the mentioned threads.  Many of these I have never seen before!

Just a note,  threads asking whatever happened to specific posters have been locked.  Maybe just keep it to the specific threads alone.

The threads just disappeared off of the face of the earth or are blocked, too, or we can't remember the names of the people. I mean, who can forget a cute name like 'GlendaBunny'? Duh. We don't remember the names of the threads, either, and capitals and spaces are important, sometimes, and the subjects bring up tons of stuff to sift through, and it is pretty tedious when they get old.

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2013, 12:24:09 PM »

The threads just disappeared off of the face of the earth or are blocked, too, or we can't remember the names of the people. I mean, who can forget a cute name like 'GlendaBunny'? Duh. We don't remember the names of the threads, either, and capitals and spaces are important, sometimes, and the subjects bring up tons of stuff to sift through, and it is pretty tedious when they get old.

It was just a suggestion, Luci.   Many people here are GREAT at finding old threads.  I happen not to be.

Perfect Circle

• Birdie in the hand for life's rich demand
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2013, 12:31:15 PM »
Actually, my table runner wasn't an heirloom as such, just a rather expensive designer one from my country of origin.

It washed out fine, I was given some beautiful art as a part of an apology and we see doodler guy often. In fact he was in my house week before last and a lot of fun was had when I have him some crayons...

The table runner is alive and well.
There's a secret stigma, reaping wheel.
Diminish, a carnival of sorts.
Chronic town, poster torn, reaping wheel.
Stranger, stranger to these parts.

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2013, 12:42:02 PM »
OK. Me & Google, we're BFF.

Aunt who sabotaged vegetarian's food "You WILL bring the hot dogs!". It's 34 pages long.

Aunt demanded that vegan bring hot dogs to family cookout, because here veganism was "just a phase." Aunt was very abusive when OP offered alternatives. OP brought veggies for grilling and fixings for veggie chili. OP found "found chicken added to the pan of veggies and ground beef and... wait for it... sliced hot dogs added to the chili."

OP left and had a meal at a cafe.

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2013, 12:49:21 PM »
Actually, my table runner wasn't an heirloom as such, just a rather expensive designer one from my country of origin.

It washed out fine, I was given some beautiful art as a part of an apology and we see doodler guy often. In fact he was in my house week before last and a lot of fun was had when I have him some crayons...

The table runner is alive and well.

Are you able to find the link to your thread?  I never saw that one.

Perfect Circle

• Birdie in the hand for life's rich demand
There's a secret stigma, reaping wheel.
Diminish, a carnival of sorts.
Chronic town, poster torn, reaping wheel.
Stranger, stranger to these parts.

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2013, 01:18:07 PM »
Thanks PC.  I can't believe I missed that entire thread.  Wondering where I was April of last year!!  lol

Snooks

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2013, 02:11:51 PM »
The one posted by Orisha (I think) about a MIL who would not leave her alone with her (Orisha's) own child at family gatherings.MIL also did some really gross things.

The humping MIL!