Author Topic: Do you ever wonder what happened next?  (Read 25834 times)

Visiting Crazy Town

Re: Do you ever wonder what happened next?
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2013, 02:47:13 PM »
Another was a set of twins, a boy and a girl, Blueberry and Strawberry, I think. The boy had gastric problems but was doing well.

This was GlindaBunny. I was friends with her on FB for awhile, and last I saw they were all doing well.

That is Glindbunny but Blueberry is not doing well, her heart is failing and they decided not have a heart transplant

EmmaJ.

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2013, 03:03:18 PM »
Another was a set of twins, a boy and a girl, Blueberry and Strawberry, I think. The boy had gastric problems but was doing well.

This was GlindaBunny. I was friends with her on FB for awhile, and last I saw they were all doing well.

That is Glindbunny but Blueberry is not doing well, her heart is failing and they decided not have a heart transplant

Oh no!  I am so sorry.  I loved reading her posts.  She was always interesting, informative, and upbeat.  If you are in touch with her, will you give her our best wishes?

Shalamar

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2013, 03:07:18 PM »
sliced hot dogs added to the chili."

Wow.  As the mother of a vegan and a vegetarian, that would make me SO FURIOUS.

Actually, that reminds me of when my family and I went to the in-laws' to have lunch.  MIL served tuna melts (which, at the time, my daughters could eat, because they weren't vegan/vegetarian yet).  I love tuna melts and happily began to eat mine - only to stop when I realized that they contained chopped-up hard-boiled egg.  I cannot handle cooked egg - something about the smell and taste and texture makes me violently ill.   And the thing is, my MIL has been told this time and time again, but she keeps "forgetting".

So, I asked "Is there egg in the tuna melt?".  She replied "Yes, of course!", like everyone on this planet makes tuna melts that way and I was stupid to ask.  :o

nayberry

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2013, 04:01:22 PM »
just come back from reading the hotdog thread, WOW! 

as a committed carnivore ;)  i have no problem with vegetarians having sthg different or even making an entire veggie dinner if they are coming round.

that said, if it was my food TyrAunt had meddled with....   lets just say i can do histrionics that would have drawn a big crowd (and been entirely un-approved by ehell )  and this is from someone who has had to pull that once when served a dish with peanuts in, (which i detest no allergy), by a family member who was close enough to know that and yet deliberately made the dish with them in it, even though they are NEVER normally in it.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2013, 04:04:36 PM »

Oh no!  I am so sorry.  I loved reading her posts.  She was always interesting, informative, and upbeat.  If you are in touch with her, will you give her our best wishes?

Yes, please.  I was just thinking about her the other day and realized I hadn't seen her posting in a while.  Now I know why.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2013, 04:54:16 PM »

:'(  I'm so sorry to hear that.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2013, 05:09:57 PM »
One of the first stories I remember following was about a mom who's best friend lied to their soccer league and had her son moved to the friend's son's team. The BF implied the OP had agreed to having her son moved and the first the OP learned of the move was when she got an angry text from her sons soccer coach. There was tons of Jr. High drama all around with the soccer team parent's taking sides. I think the last I remembered was the women were no longer friends but they were trying to support their sons remaining friends.

I've always wondered if the boys friendship was able to survive.

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2013, 05:35:56 PM »
She did it anyway  Friend moves OP's son to new soccer team. 26 pages.

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2013, 05:48:30 PM »

That makes me cry.

Ditto to giving her best wishes and ((((hugs))) from us.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2013, 06:01:32 PM »
She did it anyway  Friend moves OP's son to new soccer team. 26 pages.
Thanks, yes, that was the posting. No wonder I remember it. 26 pages, wow.

I always hoped the boys were able to remain friends, but felt it would be very unlikely and by the time they hit highschool it would be one of those uncomfortable situations between the boys. 

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2013, 06:18:38 PM »

That makes me cry.

:'( Me, too ... i think about her now and then, and i knew she was busy with the babies but not that it was that bad.

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2013, 09:06:34 PM »

Another was She Who Must Not be Mentioned. She was cleaning out an estate and getting all sorts of grief from the rest of the family. She is the one who made me realize we needed to update our wills. She was still settling things, but managed to get way too political in other posts - so it must have been 5-6 years ago. She went to another forum, but I am not a fan of that one, so gave up.

Last I saw, her siblings had blocked every attempt to sell the estate and it was going to go up for auction for taxes (or foreclosure?) because she could not afford to pay the taxes without selling the danged thing (long story) and the siblings wanted "their share" of the estate after one of them had son move in who TRASHED the place and used up any cash reserves of the estate AND the OP in fixing it up enough to be able to legally sell it).

She was really bummed about it.....I quit going to that forum at all after reading about that.........

Just went back & checked - set up to be foreclosed on and she had quit posting.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:16:01 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2013, 08:10:51 AM »
Actually, my table runner wasn't an heirloom as such, just a rather expensive designer one from my country of origin.

It washed out fine, I was given some beautiful art as a part of an apology and we see doodler guy often. In fact he was in my house week before last and a lot of fun was had when I have him some crayons...

The table runner is alive and well.

Thank you, I am so glad it is fine and everything ended well.

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2013, 08:14:02 AM »

That makes me cry.

:'( Me, too ... i think about her now and then, and i knew she was busy with the babies but not that it was that bad.

Yes, please send her best wishes and (((hugs)))

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2013, 09:57:06 AM »
OK. Me & Google, we're BFF.

Aunt who sabotaged vegetarian's food "You WILL bring the hot dogs!". It's 34 pages long.

Aunt demanded that vegan bring hot dogs to family cookout, because here veganism was "just a phase." Aunt was very abusive when OP offered alternatives. OP brought veggies for grilling and fixings for veggie chili. OP found "found chicken added to the pan of veggies and ground beef and... wait for it... sliced hot dogs added to the chili."

OP left and had a meal at a cafe.

omgomgomgomgomg....I just read that whole thing.   You were a far better woman than I would have been. I would have thrown a tantrum worthy of a 2-yr-old and dumped out BOTH containers right away, preferably on the picnic table where Aunt Rotten was sitting, or on the grill for my 2nd choice, and left immediately, declaring myself an orphan with no family to speak of.   How horrible!  Did your parents ever stick up for you??
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 12:33:30 PM by LadyJaneinMD »