Author Topic: I snapped at a friend and feel terrible  (Read 3038 times)

AngelicGamer

Re: I snapped at a friend and feel terrible
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 11:47:05 AM »
WillyNilly, seriously, thank you.  I am thinking that my friend might have something more like PMDD but she keeps on saying PMS.  ::)  I just know that it is bad, so I either give her a wide birth one week out of the month or put up with her.  She's family in all but blood, so I'm willing to put up with a lot from her.

Onward with scheduled thread?

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 01:03:41 PM »
I'm going to say stop beating yourself up over it.  They didn't take your no graciously, you felt attacked/pressured, especially by the person you are more friendly with, and you got defensive.  You're human.  Next time you talk, reiterate that you are sorry for snapping and ask that she not pressure you to go somewhere after you've said no, but don't beat yourself up.  If she wants to hold a grudge, she will, but it's likely more about guilt for blowing off your exercise dates, which you politely had not called her out on up until now.

This. She's at fault too.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Allyson

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 01:45:02 PM »
I think you only really went wrong with bringing up the class, because bringing up irrelevant things never ends well. You shouldn't have snapped, but it's understandable--she didn't do very well either, with the calling you 'boring' and all. Good move on apologising. If the thing about the class really bugs you, I'd bring it up later, very very separately, basically say 'Hey, if you're not interested anymore, I totally get that, but I'd rather know so I don't keep getting excited to see you and then it doesn't happen.'