Author Topic: Eating tuna in public...  (Read 4551 times)

Mikayla

Re: Eating tuna in public...
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2013, 01:09:59 PM »
I think the lunchtime issue is a game changer.  Anything goes.

Prior to realizing it was lunchtime, I was thinking I'd do anything I could to minimize a smell I was concerned about.  Heck, if you don't want to open the can too early, put the can in a container and discreetly open it in the container.  But that kind of thing applies if you're the only one eating. 

Lunch is lunch.

NyaChan

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2013, 01:57:33 PM »
Look, unless someone has already said, please don't bring food, I don't think it is rude to eat something at a meeting like this if needed.  Now, this is at lunch time, others will be eating - there is no reason why you shouldn't do the same.  If someone is disturbed by the smell, they can step out.

alis

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2013, 02:03:32 PM »
Thanks everyone.

I brought a protein shake instead. It didn't sit as well with me and my training wasn't great after, so I will be bringing my tuna next time. If they don't like it, then I can step aside or they can leave. I can't leave the room, I have 2 children there that need to be watched.

Appreciate it :)

Deetee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2013, 03:39:03 PM »
If you were going on an airplane, I'd advise against tuna (or banana or sushi etc..) For the rest of the world*, it's fine. Even if it wasn't lunchtime, I'd say it's fine.

*unless you were on a submarine I guess.