Author Topic: Funny Pet Stories  (Read 1723 times)

CLE_Girl

Re: Funny Pet Stories
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 04:26:12 PM »
A while back, a neighbor had a slightly oversized miniture stallion, about 10 hands, 40", who discovered that there were 7 Appaloosa mares living over the hill with no stallion to look after them.  So he started getting loose and coming over again and again.  The two older mares had been bred and knew what a male horse was good for when they were in season.  The next three had been to shows and kinda knew about male horses, the other two were without a clue.  Finally, the owners found a way to keep him home before anyone got bred. 

I also wondered what the offspring of the beagle humping the St. Bernard looked like. 
Spotted Pony

Not a beagle and a St. Bernard, but close - Basset hound mixes:

http://terriblycute.com/the-adorable-results-of-mixing-basset-hounds-with-other-breeds-11-pictures/

goldilocks

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 03:35:50 PM »
Frankie - the minature horse in my story - visited the vet yesterday and is doing fine!

Snooks

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2013, 04:01:29 PM »
This could almost go in Beggars, Moochers and Scammers.  One of our cats needed fattening up a little bit, her brother tends to think all the food is his even if she's eating it so we bought some yoghurt treats to give her when he went out in the morning.  The problem is now that every time he goes out she runs to the kitchen door/into the kitchen and looks expectantly.  DH and I split our time in the morning so I'll feed the cats while he's in the shower then he does breakfast while I'm in the shower.  As soon as he heads to the kitchen she follows him and looks expectantly at the cupboard and then at him then back at the cupboard despite the fact her empty yoghurt bowl is sitting on the floor so she's clearly eaten it (the bowl gets picked up before her brother comes in).

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2013, 11:19:11 PM »
Bubba the cat loved high spaces but never remembered that he was too afraid to jump down from those high spaces.  ::)

In my previous home the bathroom had really high ceilings and a plant ledge near the ceiling. Bubba loved the plant ledge. He could jump on the bathtub, then onto the top of the shower enclosure then up to the ledge where he would enjoy the sunshine but then he could not get down by himself. He would yowl until I could get the ladder from the garage, set it up precariously halfway in the tub and halfway on the tile, and try to grab one or two of his legs while he cowered in the very back reaches of the ledge. What fun.

My subdivision had several houses nearby that had the same floor plan as mine. One day Bubba escaped outside. A neighbor one block over who I did not know called me and said she thought my cat was in her bathroom. She'd had her front door open most of the day, Bubba had wandered in unnoticed, climbed up into her identical bathroom plant ledge and was now howling to get down.

I had to drag my ladder to her house and perform the same precarious maneuvers to remove him. She was very kind and we both got a laugh out of it but I was so embarrassed. And I still have no idea how she managed to read my contact information from his tag.

Bubb could be my JT's brother. When JT was a teenager, he got out of the house twice. Once he got stuck on the roof. He was freaking out, but would not come down, even though there was a tree branch right by him. The other time he got out, DF came and got me from work and was telling me he could not find him. JT is my cat, he will not go to anyone else, and he won't answer anyone else if they call him. We get home and I start calling him, he's answering me, from under the Durango we just climbed out of. I look under, and there is no JT, but he is still talking to me. DF calls my ex to see if he can bring the boys over because where JT is stuck, his arm is too big to get in there. My older son is able to get him out. He had no injuries, but he was a little warm. Thankfully, work was only about a 6 mile round trip.

heyyoume

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 05:18:26 AM »
Our dogs do all sorts of crazy things, but the latest has caused the vets to dread our visits.  Our oldest dog hates the vet with a passion - and announces this loudly - in a half bark half whine whenever we go to the vet.  Normally this stops when we are inside the vet clinic but apparently no more.  He had to have surgery recently so I dropped him off and confirmed with the vet nurse his surgery time.  She said she thought he would probably stay in over night so they could keep an eye on his recovery but I could phone at about four to find out how he was doing.  At about three she called me - and I could barely hear her over the noise of our dog in the background - asking could I come pick him up.  Apparently from the time I had left (9am that morning) til when she rang he had barked non-stop - except for the too brief period when he had been under.  He's got Huntaway in him so he is loud!  I have never seen a more relieved practice than when I went in to pick him up.