General Etiquette > Techno-quette

Others posting photos on my wall.

<< < (3/3)

bah12:
Is the problem that you don't want the cakes on your wall at all, because you don't like them? Or is that you just feel obligated to respond to every one of them?  If it's the latter, I don't think you should have to respond or even add a disclaimer that you didn't make it.  I don't necessarily respond to every little thing that people put on my wall, though I try to at least "like" them to acknowledge that someone thought of me enough to put it there to begin with.

If the issue is that you don't want the cakes on your wall at all, then just set up your page so that people can't post things without you first approving them.  Then maybe send a PM to those that do it a lot and explain that while you appreciate them thinking of you, you are getting too many cake pictures from everyone and other friends are getting confused thinking that you made/decorated them.  So, to lessen the confusion, you are only putting your cakes on your wall from now on. 

CakeEater:

--- Quote from: bah12 on May 13, 2013, 02:29:37 PM ---Is the problem that you don't want the cakes on your wall at all, because you don't like them? Or is that you just feel obligated to respond to every one of them?  If it's the latter, I don't think you should have to respond or even add a disclaimer that you didn't make it.  I don't necessarily respond to every little thing that people put on my wall, though I try to at least "like" them to acknowledge that someone thought of me enough to put it there to begin with.

If the issue is that you don't want the cakes on your wall at all, then just set up your page so that people can't post things without you first approving them.  Then maybe send a PM to those that do it a lot and explain that while you appreciate them thinking of you, you are getting too many cake pictures from everyone and other friends are getting confused thinking that you made/decorated them.  So, to lessen the confusion, you are only putting your cakes on your wall from now on.

--- End quote ---

More the second. I feel a bit bad that people are obviously thinking of me and wanting to share my interest, but it gets a bit much.

'Ohh, pretty!'
'I like this one'
'That looks like a lot of work'
'Your DD would like that one'
'Is your birthday coming up?'

etc.

JenJay:
You could just "like" it. Sometimes I post pics to my friend's wall (just the one, we have the same sense of humor) and she always "likes" it but rarely comments. Doesn't bother me a bit. She posts things to mine, too, so I know she doesn't mind.

audrey1962:

--- Quote ---More the second. I feel a bit bad that people are obviously thinking of me and wanting to share my interest, but it gets a bit much.
--- End quote ---

I don't think you're obligated to say anything. I have an acquaintance that posts those types of things to my wall and I don't respond.

CakeEater:
Excellent- then I shall dial back my interest and my annoyance!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version