General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Demi Lovato is a thief

(1/4) > >>

Hillia:
Seriously: http://social.entertainment.msn.com/tv/blogs/blog--demi-lovato-likes-to-steal-pillows

She likes to have her own clean pillow when she flies, so she starts with her own pillow, then leaves it behind and steals one from whatever hotel she's staying at.  She mentions the Ritz, and 'they've got money there.  They can afford another pillow.'

I hope they consistently bill her for the thefts.

NyaChan:
It really bugs me that she says that so openly and without any thought that it might be a problem. 

Audrey Quest:
It's just kind of ridiculous.  I doubt the hotels notice because she is really swapping pillows, not simply taking one.

If she is staying at hotels like the Ritz, then I don't see anything wrong with what she is doing--more with her talking about it.

Because high end hotels like that are used to catering to ridiculous needs like that.  They are extremely expensive and yes, they can afford to buy a new pillow and likely don't even care--particularly because it is a celebrity who is doing it.

But, I don't think she should talk about it.  Lower end hotels are going to make people pay--twice.  Once for the pillow you take, and then a fee for sending the pillow you left back to you---if they even notice at all.

veronaz:

--- Quote from: NyaChan on May 14, 2013, 03:05:53 PM ---It really bugs me that she says that so openly and without any thought that it might be a problem.

--- End quote ---

Yes, this.  Teaching her fans (young people) that it's okay to steal.

BeagleMommy:
Let's see, last I checked Ms. Lovato made quite a good income herself.  Why can't she just go to a store (or send an assistant to do so) and buy a new pillow to take on the return/next flight?

The other option is to request to purchase the pillow from the hotel.  I've seen many hotels that offer to sell bathrobes and other amenities if you want them.  I'm sure they'd be willing to sell her a pillow.

BTW, she's really not getting a "clean" pillow.  She's getting a clean pillow case.  Just saying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version