Author Topic: Demi Lovato is a thief  (Read 3749 times)

Hillia

Demi Lovato is a thief
« on: May 14, 2013, 03:04:14 PM »
Seriously: http://social.entertainment.msn.com/tv/blogs/blog--demi-lovato-likes-to-steal-pillows

She likes to have her own clean pillow when she flies, so she starts with her own pillow, then leaves it behind and steals one from whatever hotel she's staying at.  She mentions the Ritz, and 'they've got money there.  They can afford another pillow.'

I hope they consistently bill her for the thefts.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

NyaChan

Re: Demi Lovato is a thief
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 03:05:53 PM »
It really bugs me that she says that so openly and without any thought that it might be a problem. 

Audrey Quest

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 03:20:55 PM »
It's just kind of ridiculous.  I doubt the hotels notice because she is really swapping pillows, not simply taking one.

If she is staying at hotels like the Ritz, then I don't see anything wrong with what she is doing--more with her talking about it.

Because high end hotels like that are used to catering to ridiculous needs like that.  They are extremely expensive and yes, they can afford to buy a new pillow and likely don't even care--particularly because it is a celebrity who is doing it.

But, I don't think she should talk about it.  Lower end hotels are going to make people pay--twice.  Once for the pillow you take, and then a fee for sending the pillow you left back to you---if they even notice at all.

veronaz

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 03:23:55 PM »
It really bugs me that she says that so openly and without any thought that it might be a problem.

Yes, this.  Teaching her fans (young people) that it's okay to steal.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 03:55:40 PM »
Let's see, last I checked Ms. Lovato made quite a good income herself.  Why can't she just go to a store (or send an assistant to do so) and buy a new pillow to take on the return/next flight?

The other option is to request to purchase the pillow from the hotel.  I've seen many hotels that offer to sell bathrobes and other amenities if you want them.  I'm sure they'd be willing to sell her a pillow.

BTW, she's really not getting a "clean" pillow.  She's getting a clean pillow case.  Just saying.

katycoo

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 12:42:08 AM »
Seriously: http://social.entertainment.msn.com/tv/blogs/blog--demi-lovato-likes-to-steal-pillows

She likes to have her own clean pillow when she flies, so she starts with her own pillow, then leaves it behind and steals one from whatever hotel she's staying at.  She mentions the Ritz, and 'they've got money there.  They can afford another pillow.'

I'm sure they do.  Hotels routinely charge guests for missing items as room theft is disturbingly common.

Audrey Quest

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 01:04:16 AM »

I'm sure they do.  Hotels routinely charge guests for missing items as room theft is disturbingly common.

If they even notice its missing...  she leaves a pillow and takes a pillow.

Ha!  Someone should tell her that the leave a penny take a penny thing does not apply to pillows!

TeamBhakta

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 01:34:23 AM »
Stealing aside, I'm side eyeing her saying a hotel pillow is cleaner than one she brought. Think about how many people used the hotel pillow before her. Yes, they launder the pillow cases, but still. Why yes, I do go all Sheldon Cooper and bring my own pillow and blanket to hotels. Especially after the time I checked into a Red Roof Inn and didn't discover until bedtime there was a tiny sign saying "We don't wash / change sheets, pillow cases or blankets from one guest to the next. You have to request it." :-X

katycoo

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 02:52:06 AM »
Stealing aside, I'm side eyeing her saying a hotel pillow is cleaner than one she brought. Think about how many people used the hotel pillow before her. Yes, they launder the pillow cases, but still. Why yes, I do go all Sheldon Cooper and bring my own pillow and blanket to hotels. Especially after the time I checked into a Red Roof Inn and didn't discover until bedtime there was a tiny sign saying "We don't wash / change sheets, pillow cases or blankets from one guest to the next. You have to request it." :-X

WHAT?? That's a first...

agentsmith

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 10:01:05 AM »
As everyone says, the hotel pillow isn't any cleaner.  Why doesn't she just pack or purchase new pillowcases for her pillow?  Or, hotels of that caliber have room service laundry so her pillow case could be freshly washed and pressed no problem. 

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 12:52:12 PM »
Seriously she's a moron if she thinks hotel pillows are cleaner then a pillow she brought herself. Hundreds of people use them - and drool on them, and prop their feet on them, and sit on them (and maybe even fart on them), and throw them on the floor, and use them to prop themselves into different sexual positions, and touch them after being outside in the big dirty world without having washed their hands, etc.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 12:57:39 PM »

Ew!

I've stayed in some hotels that don't change the sheets during a multi-night stay (unless you request it). Which is fine, IMO.

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 01:17:03 PM »

I really have a difficult time believing this is true. I can't help but think you misread or misunderstood something. That is so grotesquely unhygienic that I have serious doubts that this would be legal, or even considered by even the very worst of hotels.

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

lilfox

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 02:47:36 PM »
If she is staying at hotels like the Ritz, then I don't see anything wrong with what she is doing--more with her talking about it.

It's still illegal to steal, regardless of whether it's a big faceless corporation or a tiny bed and breakfast.  Also it doesn't matter if she leaves something behind, it's still theft of the Ritz's property.

The only way this even makes sense for her to do it is if she requests the Ritz to provide brand new pillows for her stay, then takes one of them.  Still ought to be charged for it and I imagine what the Ritz would charge is much higher than buying your own darn pillows.

As for the Red Roof Inn card, I've seen similar cards at hotels but they say that the sheets etc aren't changed between nights of stay for the same guest unless by request.  To not do it between guests probably violates health code regulations.

That said, I know for a fact that a Holiday Inn I once stayed at did not change out the sheets between my stay and the next because after 4 hours of disrupted sleep, I finally demanded to change rooms at 1 am to get away from a raucous party in the adjacent room (hotel security couldn't or wouldn't shut down the party).  In the morning I realized I had left behind my personal travel pillow (in a pink flannel case to distinguish it from the hotel's stuff), so I went back to that room.  The hotel maid went to open the room for me and we woke up the couple who had apparently checked in after me.  And were sleeping on my old sheets and personal pillow!   :o

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 02:50:22 PM »

I really have a difficult time believing this is true. I can't help but think you misread or misunderstood something. That is so grotesquely unhygienic that I have serious doubts that this would be legal, or even considered by even the very worst of hotels.

This. I've often seen signs saying they won't change them between nights of your own stay unless you request it. But not between separate people's stays.