Author Topic: Demi Lovato is a thief  (Read 4045 times)

JoieGirl7

• Super Hero!
Re: Demi Lovato is a thief
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 03:46:23 PM »
It is true that some hotels do not change the sheets between guests.  This happens for a number of reasons, from it being a really scungy hotel to the maids just leaving a made bed, made.  It's possible that a guest could have slept in the bed and remade it and the maid will leave it that way.

It is not illegal in all states to not change the bedding in between guests.  Laws vary from state to state and municipality to municipality.  And even where it is illegal, enforcement is another issue.

Essentially, the more you pay for your hotel stay, the better chance you have that it is clean and disinfected.

Also, higher end chains have started doing away with comforters, blankets and bedspreads and started using duvets and duvet covers which, in addition to the sheets are laundered in between guests without fail.  And guests may ask they be laundered during one's stay as well.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 06:19:58 PM »
Stealing aside, I'm side eyeing her saying a hotel pillow is cleaner than one she brought. Think about how many people used the hotel pillow before her. Yes, they launder the pillow cases, but still. Why yes, I do go all Sheldon Cooper and bring my own pillow and blanket to hotels. Especially after the time I checked into a Red Roof Inn and didn't discover until bedtime there was a tiny sign saying "We don't wash / change sheets, pillow cases or blankets from one guest to the next. You have to request it." :-X

I really have a difficult time believing this is true. I can't help but think you misread or misunderstood something. That is so grotesquely unhygienic that I have serious doubts that this would be legal, or even considered by even the very worst of hotels.

Trust me, I read the sign carefully. It was in a seedy area of my hometown and I was under the impression it involved "well, people are mostly hanging around here to sell..." It was not one of those green-friendly signs about "We don't rewash your towels until the end of your stay, in order to save water"

nuit93

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 02:01:38 AM »
It is true that some hotels do not change the sheets between guests.  This happens for a number of reasons, from it being a really scungy hotel to the maids just leaving a made bed, made.  It's possible that a guest could have slept in the bed and remade it and the maid will leave it that way.

It is not illegal in all states to not change the bedding in between guests.  Laws vary from state to state and municipality to municipality.  And even where it is illegal, enforcement is another issue.

Essentially, the more you pay for your hotel stay, the better chance you have that it is clean and disinfected.

Also, higher end chains have started doing away with comforters, blankets and bedspreads and started using duvets and duvet covers which, in addition to the sheets are laundered in between guests without fail.  And guests may ask they be laundered during one's stay as well.

Ewww.  Just...ewww.  I can't even begin to imagine sleeping in someone else's sheets.

LEMon

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 08:22:59 PM »
My thought was along the lines of "well, now the hotels will know, which will allow them to remove her pillow from home from the room and charge her for the pillow she took."

But if you are particular about your pillow being "clean", why in the world use this method of dealing with it?  "Let's see .. trade my pillow from home that nobody but me uses for one that has been used by who knows how many people and how .. wow, what a good idea!"

I like the 'bring an extra pillow case' idea.