Author Topic: This is somehow my fault...  (Read 12195 times)

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: This is somehow my fault...
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2013, 02:55:05 PM »
Well that would be a funny conversation in the future.

"Are your children familiar with bar soap? Do they know not to eat it?"

As a child who was perfectly familiar with bar soap, I STILL tried to eat it at some point. It was a learning experience. Keep the soap and let that be her personal bar since she gnawed on it.

Add me to the list. I had some various food-shaped soaps, and one day, I looked at the popsicle soap, and I knew it was soap, but it looked like a popsicle, so I decided to find out if perhaps it was popsicle-flavored.

It wasn't.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Calistoga

« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2013, 03:12:08 PM »
My mother has a watermelon wedge candle with a bite out of it. I knew it was a candle. I knew it was made of wax. BUT I HAD TO KNOW!

It was awful.

Alias

« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2013, 06:37:48 AM »
I have been in this situation with my now 3yo daughter.  She was potty training, we were in an aunt's house, there was only bar soap. I prefer liquid soap for hands, so she wasn't familiar with the bar but she didn't try to eat it!  We just explained and she happily used it (it was pink!) to wash her hands, and we went on our way.

blarg314

• Super Hero!
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2013, 08:00:35 AM »

As a small child my sister tried to eat the fuzz of a plastic peach. I think that was after I fed her soap in a hotel bathroom while my parents were unpacking.

I was at a wedding once where, for favours, they gave the men candy, and the women soap.  Shaped like candy.  That didn't end well.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2013, 04:02:46 PM »
My sister ate (swallowed?) plastic grapes all the time. We had to fish them out after processing. Not pleasant.