General Etiquette > Techno-quette

To add or not to add?

(1/6) > >>

Mental Magpie:
I really, really, really do NOT want to add my friend's fiance on Facebook.  I think I should, though, because a) I see him at work, b) I went to her child's (his soon to be step daughter) birthday party, and c) I can see this having serious repercussions for her.

My question pertain's to "a" and "b".  Would it be considered rude to not add someone who you may run into at work?  Would it be considered rude to not add a friend's spouse when you went to their child's birthday party?

Surianne:
Hmm...why would you add him?  Did he friend request you? 

Judah:

--- Quote from: Mental Magpie on May 15, 2013, 05:42:59 PM ---I really, really, really do NOT want to add my friend's fiance on Facebook.  I think I should, though, because a) I see him at work, b) I went to her child's (his soon to be step daughter) birthday party, and c) I can see this having serious repercussions for her.

My question pertain's to "a" and "b".  Would it be considered rude to not add someone who you may run into at work?  Would it be considered rude to not add a friend's spouse when you went to their child's birthday party?

--- End quote ---

Friending or not friending is not a question of etiquette. I never friend coworkers, that's a straight-up policy of mine. But I also don't friend anyone I just don't want to friend. I have lots of people I see regularly in real life that I"m not Facebook friends with.

WillyNilly:
I wouldn't seek him out, but if it were me and he requested to me, I'd accept but hide his feed and limit what posts of mine he can see. Sort of add "lite". Its easier to keep the peace that way.

Oh Joy:
Have to ask, is he a coworker or a guest?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version