Author Topic: Diatomaceous Earth  (Read 2226 times)

Delia DeLyons

Re: Diatomaceous Earth
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 10:11:19 PM »
I take a spoonful in my coffee every morning.  My hair and nails grow like crazy (silica) and my skin is very healthy.  Has supposed blood pressure and cholesterol benefits too, but I am normal there anyways.  If you decide to use as a supplement, ]tart slow and don't take more than 1 tbsp a day - can constipate you fast.

I originally bought D-Earth for fungus fly treatment in my house plants (worked great) but read about the supplementing benefts and have really liked it. Best wishes!
Once in a while you get your delight, in the strangest of faces if you look at it right...

mumma to KMC

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2013, 10:56:31 AM »
I take a spoonful in my coffee every morning.  My hair and nails grow like crazy (silica) and my skin is very healthy.  Has supposed blood pressure and cholesterol benefits too, but I am normal there anyways.  If you decide to use as a supplement, ]tart slow and don't take more than 1 tbsp a day - can constipate you fast.

I originally bought D-Earth for fungus fly treatment in my house plants (worked great) but read about the supplementing benefts and have really liked it. Best wishes!

What does it taste like?

Delia DeLyons

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 04:36:35 PM »
Chalky... I tried mixing in various beverages, it mixed best in hot ones.
Once in a while you get your delight, in the strangest of faces if you look at it right...

doodlemor

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 10:20:14 PM »
I've never heard of diatomaceous earth before, and this discussion has been interesting.

Here is another way that we have used to get rid of fleas.  Put a pie plate or similar shallow container on the floor over night with an inch or so of water in it.  Put a bit of dish soap like Dawn in it, not automatic dishwasher detergent.  Put a bright lamp right beside it - if you have a gooseneck lamp that you can bend right over the water that works the best.

When the room is dark except for the lamp on the floor the fleas will jump toward the light and fall into the water.  The dish soap will grease them up so that they can't get out again.  It's amazing how many you'll catch - even if you don't think that you have fleas around.