Author Topic: Today at lunch  (Read 6935 times)

gmatoy

Re: Today at lunch
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 10:10:41 PM »
I would ask to be moved. I have before, for lesser reasons.

My story has to do with a "lesser reason." I once asked to be moved to another section, one without children, at a local branch of a chain. The waitress looked at me with a questioning look. I answered her unspoken question with: "I'm a teacher. I had fill of children at work." She laughed and told me that she'd had her fill at home! She sat us in a childfree area and we thanked her with a big tip.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 09:00:22 AM »
I have asked to be moved because I was too close to the server station and could hear them complaining about customers/other employees/management/life in general. I have asked to be moved if I was shown to a table very close to the bathroom or the kitchen. Only a few times have I had to ask to be moved for other patrons, those were due to graphic conversations about scrabble or people who cursed constantly.

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 09:36:51 AM »
I would ask to be moved. I have before, for lesser reasons.

Me too!

I want to enjoy my meal whether at an expensive restaurant or a cheap buffet place.  If I wanted to deal with bouncing, chanting wild monkeys I would go to McD's or Chucky Cheese. 

And if I could not be relocated I would ask the management to address the parents about this kind of behavior, immediately if not sooner!

Facebook and other review sites carry a lot of weight these days and if this was not taken care of I would be on there posting the lack of management skills for all the world to see.

LibraryLady

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 04:11:46 PM »
I moved myself at lunch to day when two rather well-endowed ladies came in wearing what I THOUGHT were some rather ill-fitting
halter tops that showed just a little too much.  It would have worked at the beach or pool; but I would have added a cover-up to
pick up lunch.  But I applaud their acceptance of body image/size (and I do not mean that in a snarky or tacky fashion).