News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 08, 2016, 12:58:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Today at lunch  (Read 9194 times)

gmatoy

Re: Today at lunch
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 09:10:41 PM »
I would ask to be moved. I have before, for lesser reasons.

My story has to do with a "lesser reason." I once asked to be moved to another section, one without children, at a local branch of a chain. The waitress looked at me with a questioning look. I answered her unspoken question with: "I'm a teacher. I had fill of children at work." She laughed and told me that she'd had her fill at home! She sat us in a childfree area and we thanked her with a big tip.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 08:00:22 AM »
I have asked to be moved because I was too close to the server station and could hear them complaining about customers/other employees/management/life in general. I have asked to be moved if I was shown to a table very close to the bathroom or the kitchen. Only a few times have I had to ask to be moved for other patrons, those were due to graphic conversations about scrabble or people who cursed constantly.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 08:36:51 AM »
I would ask to be moved. I have before, for lesser reasons.

Me too!

I want to enjoy my meal whether at an expensive restaurant or a cheap buffet place.  If I wanted to deal with bouncing, chanting wild monkeys I would go to McD's or Chucky Cheese. 

And if I could not be relocated I would ask the management to address the parents about this kind of behavior, immediately if not sooner!

Facebook and other review sites carry a lot of weight these days and if this was not taken care of I would be on there posting the lack of management skills for all the world to see.

LibraryLady

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 03:11:46 PM »
I moved myself at lunch to day when two rather well-endowed ladies came in wearing what I THOUGHT were some rather ill-fitting
halter tops that showed just a little too much.  It would have worked at the beach or pool; but I would have added a cover-up to
pick up lunch.  But I applaud their acceptance of body image/size (and I do not mean that in a snarky or tacky fashion).