Author Topic: Overlapping Job Interviews  (Read 674 times)

ILoveMyCello

Overlapping Job Interviews
« on: June 03, 2013, 03:48:04 PM »
Hi guys, please help!!

I have three job interviews on the same day, all for teaching positions. It is possible for me to make all three, but the first two overlap in terms of driving distance (I would not be able to make it back to the second one). What should I do? I would love to do all three. I am a much better fit for the last two than the first one. Can I call and see if they can give me an earlier time? Or should I just cancel it? Please help!

NyaChan

Re: Overlapping Job Interviews
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 03:52:05 PM »
Don't cancel - ask if you can reschedule the interview which is tripping up your schedule (I assume they assigned you a time that happened not to work, not that you overbooked by accident?) 

ILoveMyCello

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 03:54:34 PM »
No, I'm terrible!! I underestimated the driving distance :( Even if the appointment was moved up a half hour I would be okay. Teaching jobs are hard to come by and I just got over excited :(

NyaChan

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 03:55:53 PM »
Ah I hate it when things like this happen and it is my own fault lol Well it doesn't hurt to ask, just apologize and make the request - certainly won't hurt more than showing up super late or canceling altogether.