Author Topic: "Could you run to the store for more Beandip?"  (Read 2244 times)

MrTango

"Could you run to the store for more Beandip?"
« on: May 21, 2013, 12:14:33 PM »
When I was a teenager (I had just recently gotten my license), I was visiting my maternal grandparents along with my parents and a bunch of aunts, uncles, and cousins.

During the visit, my mother's oldest sister was holding forth at me (I was unfortunate enough to be the only one in the vicinity when she started ranting) about something, and she was badgering me to agree with her bigoted, racist remarks.  I was doing my best to ignore her and continue to read my book, but my teenage temper was wearing thin.

Just as my temper was about to break, my mother came outside and saw what was going on.  Before I had a chance to say anything to her, she hands me a $20 bill and says "We're out of ice cubes.  Would you mind going into town to get a bag?"

I accepted the money and car keys, said "Excuse me" to mom's sister, and started toward the car.  As I was walking past my mom, I heard her say under her breath "no need to hurry back."

When I returned to my grandparents' place about 45 minutes later, I went to put the bag of ice cubes in the freezer and found two other bags already there.  I asked my mom about it and her response was, "Oh, I knew there was plenty of ice.  It just sounded like you needed an excuse to get away!"

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: "Could you run to the store for more Beandip?"
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 12:27:30 PM »
Nice save, mom! :) :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Cz. Burrito

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 04:48:56 PM »
Perfect!   :D

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 06:14:19 PM »
HOORAY MOM!
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Nikko-chan

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 09:00:04 PM »
Your mom is awesome!!

Pen^2

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 09:39:31 PM »
Go mum!