Author Topic: Invitation Rejected.  (Read 5957 times)

veronaz

Re: Invitation Rejected.
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 09:13:44 AM »
How much will they shred you behind your back if you say no?  That is what mean girls do, in my experience.  Will this rebound on you professionally?

They'll do that regardless.  That is what these juvenile mean girls do, so I don't think that should be a factor.

OP, don't let them intimidate you and don't feel you owe them an explanationn.  "No, thanks." is enough of an answer.  Whatever else you say will will be picked apart and run with.

GSNW

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 10:47:54 AM »
To answer a question, none of them are in a supervisory position - thank goodness.  We only have three admin at my school and they are all very good at maintaining their professionalism - I don't feel they have obvious favorites or "buddies." 

One of them IS a counselor (we have one for each grade level) and this is annoying - mostly because I don't feel like she is good at her job, so I have to deal with her ineptitude once every three years.  She is also known to do favors for others in the club - like having problem students undergo a sudden, unexplained schedule change, for example.  I figure making a fuss about stuff like that would just make things worse, and there are some "problem" students that I've really gotten to like :)

ETA:  Bonyk - I read your thread and couldn't even think of how I would manage to remain polite during said slideshow.  For that to happen is bad enough, for admin to be at the head of it is horrible.  I hope your district does a Teaching and Learning Conditions survey (or something like it) - that is horrible.  Any halfway decent administrator knows that creating divides like that on campus will negatively impact the students in the end.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 10:49:36 AM by GSNW »

whiskeytangofoxtrot

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 02:00:54 PM »
(really???  who says stuff like that and expects people to jump up for that chance!)

As if it's "rush week" for sororities.   ::)

Exactly my thought! :D