News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• October 17, 2017, 09:52:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: You just might be a dog/cat owner if....  (Read 3427 times)

Girlie

Re: You just might be a dog/cat owner if....
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2017, 02:23:48 PM »
How about....

You might be a cat owner if... "Get the fur off the couch," becomes a regular part of your cleaning ritual.

Also....if you're eleven month old has ever tried to put a wad of fur in her mouth.  :-\

BeagleMommy

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2017, 10:55:37 AM »
If you've ever carried a new puppy at arms length while chanting "wait, wait, wait, wait" to get said puppy out into the back yard before things start leaking.

If your front windows are covered in nose prints.

If you regularly check the clothes dryer before starting it to make sure kitty hasn't jumped in there because, hey, it's warm and small and should be a good place to nap.

If you've been tripped by a furry critter doing figure eights around your feet because it is just so excited to see you.

If you've been sung the love song of the people when you've only been outside to get the mail.

L

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2017, 11:21:03 AM »
. . . if you vocabulary consists of repeated shrieks of "NOT ON THE BED! NOT ON THE BED! NOT ON THE BED!" or "NOT ON THE RUG! NOT ON THE RUG! NOT ON THE RUG!" or "NOT ON THE SOFA! NOT ON THE SOFA! NOT ON THE SOFA!" or even" NOT IN MY SHOE! NOT IN MY SHOE! NOT IN MY SHOE!"

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2017, 03:34:37 PM »
...if you pull your winter coat out for the season and discover dessicated dog treats in the pockets.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

sandisadie

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2017, 07:03:00 PM »
Forgot about this one!  You're scrolling down one of those Publishers Clearing House things and the cat jumps on the keyboard and - there you go!  you've bought something and have to call the company and beg them not to send it to you.  This actually happened to me several years ago.

HoneyBee42

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2017, 07:53:47 PM »
If you've been tripped by a furry critter doing figure eights around your feet because it is just so excited to see you.
Or that it's close to time for the cat's dinner, except if they keep doing those figure 8s, someone might be badly hurt.

If every visitor has to be warned that the seat and lid must be down on the toilet (to prevent drinking/falling in/playing in the water).

MandiC76

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2017, 09:24:54 AM »
I feel like the title of this thread should be "you just might be a dog owner/owned by a cat if..."

You wake up uncomfortable and want to adjust/rollover/stretch but stay in exactly the same position so the 4 legged family member sleeping cuddled into you isn't disturbed.

I was running into this problem when my husband was sick. Towards the end, he was often more comfortable in his recliner rather than in bed, so I would sleep on the couch. The cat would sleep on me, even if I was on my side. She'd be right on my hip, and if I moved, she'd know I was awake, then she would knead my ribs... Claws on sensitive areas is not cool!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2017, 10:13:02 AM »
...if you keep finding murdered, mutilated bodies in your kitchen.

One of the older cats is teaching the kitten to hunt, and they keep leaving me presents, mostly in the form of dead lizards, in my kitchen, in front of the refrigerator or stove.   ::) ::) ::) So far, I believe the body count is up to 6 this week alone.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Gladly

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2017, 02:44:57 AM »
If you find yourself carefully explaining that shouting loudly at a hedgehog is not going to make it uncurl so that you can murder play with it.  All to no avail because your audience is too busy bouncing around the said hedgehog, barking at the top of their voice.