News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 23, 2018, 04:37:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 5496122 times)

Lula

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #26280 on: May 11, 2018, 10:14:03 AM »
My mom seems to take some perverse delight in insisting people's jobs are obsolescent.  Yes, to their faces.  Yes, against their expertise in their industries.

Harriet Jones

• Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #26281 on: May 11, 2018, 11:27:53 AM »
My MIL refused delivery of the flowers we sent her for Mother's Day.  ::) The note on the tracking information said that they were refused because they didn't order them. I don't know *what's* going on.

GreenHall

« Reply #26282 on: May 11, 2018, 01:24:05 PM »
My MIL refused delivery of the flowers we sent her for Mother's Day.  ::) The note on the tracking information said that they were refused because they didn't order them. I don't know *what's* going on.
Could she have heard about a scam where things you don't order are delivered to you and be concerned?  (I know I read about an Amazon one recently, but that was more a scam to create reviews, I think). 

Harriet Jones

• Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #26283 on: May 11, 2018, 08:36:16 PM »
Could she have heard about a scam where things you don't order are delivered to you and be concerned?  (I know I read about an Amazon one recently, but that was more a scam to create reviews, I think).

There was an update on the tracking status today that said the package was damaged - so the 'refused package' status was probably some random thing the driver put in.  So my MIL wasn't actually being weird.

rose red

« Reply #26284 on: May 14, 2018, 01:53:37 PM »
When you order a "children's meal" and they have cute toys but you end up getting the one ugly toy in the set ::)

But I'm hoping to warm up to the ugliness as I often do ;D

Tierrainney

• Where the swans winter
« Reply #26285 on: May 17, 2018, 08:06:44 PM »
Right now its the shipping company DHL

we ordered a dress for my daughter from China. I knew it was from China so I ordered it so it would arrive at least 2 weeks prior to the event she needs it for which is May 19. Based on previous times we ordered from this company, it should have arrived 3 weeks prior as they are usually faster than promised.  So on May 10, we get a call that there is a problem with the address and we need to call.  I call and the zip code is off, the last number is a 3 instead of a 2, so still within the same state of the USA.  May 11 no dress. May 12 and 13 are weekend. May 14 no dress. Call again, told it will arrive May 16.  May 16 no dress. I call today and was told it was given to a local shipper to deliver, here's the new tracking number. Call local shipper, finally get through, and told that tracking number was delivered May 10 to address that isn't me.  Call back to DHL.  Told a supervisor will call me within the hour. No call back.  I call again and after waiting a long time on hold, get a supervisor.  Supervisor figures out local shipper returned package to DHL and it is back at warehouse.  Promises me that dress will be delivered on May 18.  I'm not holding my breath.  We have a back up dress, but Daughter doesn't like it very much. 
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.