News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 07, 2016, 05:33:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O hiding spots . . . Brilliantly disguised surprise gifts  (Read 1463 times)

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
Re: S/O hiding spots . . . Brilliantly disguised surprise gifts
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 06:39:52 PM »
One of my Christmas presents the year I was twelve came in a very large box - probably about three feet on all sides. I opened the box to discover a bunch of paper (the kind used to make sure stuff doesn't break in shipping) and a somewhat smaller box. Opened the smaller box, same thing. Opened the smallest box (about as long as my forearm) to discover an envelope. Inside the envelope were plane tickets for a thing I very much wanted to go to that April halfway across the country.

Apparently something had shown up in the massive box a while back and my parents thought it would be amusing to put a very small present inside. I was just really thrilled with the present.

My brother and I did that to my cousin for her 15th birthday.  The actual gift was a silver bangle, the box was massive.  She loved it!

Out on the patio we'd sit,
And the humidity we'd breathe,
We'd watch the lightning crack over canefields
Laugh and think, this is Australia.

Ganggajang - Sounds Of Then (This Is Australia)

Alicia

Re: S/O hiding spots . . . Brilliantly disguised surprise gifts
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 06:57:16 PM »
About 25 years ago someone in my family got Tiffany earrings.  That box has been used for some gift every year since. Everything from fishing lures to gift cards to socks have been given in that box.