News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 14, 2017, 02:36:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Job Hunting and Hiring Hell - Share your stories  (Read 21032 times)

Frog24

Re: Job Hunting and Hiring Hell - Share your stories
« Reply #135 on: Yesterday at 02:21:07 PM »
I got my first post-university job through a hiring fair held at the university.  I was speaking to a software company rep who was looking for developers.  I asked the man: "Do you need a technical writer?"  He paused for a minute and said: "I hadn't thought about that.  I think we do."  So I handed him my resume and he called me a few days later and offered me a job.  When asked about my start date, I gave him a date a couple of weeks in the future... I had to finish writing my final exams first.  :)

Shalamar

Re: Job Hunting and Hiring Hell - Share your stories
« Reply #136 on: Yesterday at 02:52:03 PM »
Did she lose her job entirely, or did she get shuffled off into another department?

She managed to find a job in another department, but hoo boy, was she mad about losing the other one (can't blame her).