News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• April 26, 2015, 12:12:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What was the best day of your life?  (Read 951 times)

katycoo

Re: What was the best day of your life?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 09:36:44 PM »
I can't pinpoint one.  I've had so many really great epxeriences that ranking them seems impossible.   But in contrast I have had very few actual bad days (as opposed to frustrating or stressful).  I have lived a very charmed life to date, for which I am very grateful.

Benni

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 09:54:40 PM »
There are so very many best days.  My wedding day, the day each of my children were born, the day each of my children married, the day my grandson was born, the day I graduated from university 24 years after I graduated high school.  I can go on and on, because there are so many.  The day my child reached a milestone in their life, ditto for my GS.  This past vacation was awesome, all of us were able to attend and we had a great time.   The day my mom went home from the hospital after open-heart surgery, ditto on my father after his several heart attacks.  The day I received my big promotion with the big raise (Wednesday of this week, squee).

My life has been filled with "best" days.  I am truly blessed.

oz diva

• The Classics are SO last Century
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 02:33:49 AM »
My wedding day and the births of both kids are definitely the best, but excepting them, I'd say the day I found out I was going to Antarctica. There had been some political obstacles to overcome, but finally i was given the green light. It was such an amazing chance event and something I had been passionately interested in for some years even at that early point in my life. 

Victoria

FauxFoodist

« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 06:57:05 AM »
I can't say I've had any one day I'd claim as the best day.  I've had favorite moments (at this moment), like that moment when DH and I realized we were interested in each other, closing escrow on our house and getting our keys, adopting our puppy last year (since we hadn't been planning for it), visiting a friend (my first love) for the first time in 13 years (and finding we still have that special bond -- this was 12 years ago), leaving of my own accord (and on good terms) a horrible horrible job with the worst employer ever 15 years ago (it was liberating and immediately took a lot of stress out of my life) then moving to SD a few days later.  I couldn't imagine choosing just one day as the best day of my life.

Coley

« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 09:52:00 AM »
Gosh, I've had a lot of best days. I don't know if I could choose one. Here are a few:

- DS's birth and bringing him home from the hospital
- My wedding day
- When I graduated with my master's degree (I'd been working full time and going to school, and it felt like an awesome achievement)
- The first time I ran 15 minutes straight without stopping
- And my first 5K race

I had the best three-day period in 1999 when I was living in Austin. My favorite Lesser-Known Band (LKB) was on tour as the opening act for Well-Known Band. My now-Ex and I had tickets for their big outdoor concert. In the days leading up to the big concert, I managed to win a radio contest, which got Ex and me on the guest list for LKB's "secret" show in an Austin bar. Then a coworker and I snagged four passes to see LKB tape a performance on Austin City Limits. I saw LKB perform three times in three days at three different venues. It was perhaps the most charmed three days I've ever had, and it was so much fun.

The Wild One, Forever

« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 10:58:21 AM »
Mine might seem silly to some - but I'm kind of young, not married and no kids. So here's one of the best days of my life for me.

I HATED high school. I went through the same school district for 12 years and I could not wait to get the heck out of there. I got accepted into my first choice college and I was just so beyond DONE with high school and my home town. So I attended graduation, which was great. Went to all the Senior activities, which were fun. My graduation party was the day after graduation, and that night after my party I went to bed super early, exhausted.

I woke up at about 7:30AM the next day. No one else was up in my house. It was a gorgeous day. Graduation, high school, and that part of my life were behind me forever. I had the whole summer in front of me to do what I wanted and moving off to college at the end of the summer.

That morning - quiet and alone - was the best day of my life. It was the most amazing feeling I have ever had. Relief, happiness, pride, excitement. To this day I remember that morning crystal clear, it was phenomenal, and I will never forget how I felt. Pure happiness.

I just have to say, this is great! I love the way you describe your emotions, and I can see why that day would have felt almost magical.

I am going to ponder this question before I respond, and this is a fantastic thread topic!
Soft silly music is meaningful, magical

FauxFoodist

« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 01:53:08 PM »
Mine might seem silly to some - but I'm kind of young, not married and no kids. So here's one of the best days of my life for me.

I HATED high school. I went through the same school district for 12 years and I could not wait to get the heck out of there. I got accepted into my first choice college and I was just so beyond DONE with high school and my home town. So I attended graduation, which was great. Went to all the Senior activities, which were fun. My graduation party was the day after graduation, and that night after my party I went to bed super early, exhausted.

I woke up at about 7:30AM the next day. No one else was up in my house. It was a gorgeous day. Graduation, high school, and that part of my life were behind me forever. I had the whole summer in front of me to do what I wanted and moving off to college at the end of the summer.

That morning - quiet and alone - was the best day of my life. It was the most amazing feeling I have ever had. Relief, happiness, pride, excitement. To this day I remember that morning crystal clear, it was phenomenal, and I will never forget how I felt. Pure happiness.

I just have to say, this is great! I love the way you describe your emotions, and I can see why that day would have felt almost magical.

I am going to ponder this question before I respond, and this is a fantastic thread topic!

Okay, I do have to say that there were two best moments in this regard:

The day I got moved from the hellish 3rd grade class with the awful teacher to the gifted 3rd grade class with the nice teacher (I remember the day my principal called my dad, told him I tested very high on the IQ test and said they wanted to move me to the other class and asked if I wanted to be moved the next day or the end of the week -- I said the next day because I absolutely hated the class I was in; my classmates were awful, as was my teacher, a woman who once asked if I had medical issues because I, an 8-year-old, kept needing to go to the restroom shortly after class started).

The day I moved to the other half of my office away from my bullying coworkers and bullying former supervisor (I got a new supervisor also).

In both cases, my life immediately took a turn for the better -- it wasn't all roses afterwards, but I definitely was in a better state as a result of being removed from those situations.

Oh, and one more -- when I found out I got into the magnet program for the school I had been bussed to (my school I mention above I hated as a lot of the kids I knew at this point -- 5th grade -- were awful cliquish snobs).  We all got bussed from our school high in our expensive neighborhood down to the more mixed finances neighborhood.  That school had a magnet program so I applied for the next year.  I was so happy to never go back to that awful home-area elementary school.  I thrived in the magnet program where we were assessed on our academics, not by the clothes we wore and the color of our skin (why, yes, awful elementary was mostly ethnicity not mine; magnet program, OTOH, was quite diverse).  Now that I think about it, all but one of my FB friends from elementary school were from the magnet program school.  Only one is from awful elementary school (and that was because we had a common mutual friend -- the only class I'd had with him was the better 3rd grade class; when we were bussed in 5th grade, he was in mutual friend's class)

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 03:17:10 PM »
My wedding day.  It was also the last time I saw my grandpa before he died a year or so later.

IMissItaly

« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 05:36:38 PM »
My happiest day was when I was told that I was going to be stationed in Naples, Italy for my first tour of duty in the USN. I almost exploded! And I had a great time there.

Mustard

« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 06:23:55 PM »
My husband was going to a conference in Toronto (I'm in the U.K) and I realised that I could go too as I no longer had to provide care for a family member.  One of the most memorable days of my life was the first day of my trip; he went off to the conference and I had a whole day to myself, without any responsibilities - a whole new continent to explore!  I spent the day window shopping, visiting museums and people-watching; I had fascinating conversations in coffee shops and had my first Cinnabon.

cattlekid

« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 07:26:04 PM »
The day I received my kidney transplant from a selfless stranger and his/her caring family.

AmethystAnne

• mom, grandmother, and an enthusaistic knitter & crocheter
  • So much yarn, not nearly enough time! :D
« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 10:39:47 PM »
I've been blessed to have had not just 1 best day. I've had many.

The first one was the morning that I didn't have to get up and go to the local middle school to teach to fulfill the requirements of Student Teaching in college. I loved the subject matter, but doing all that needed to be done to be an effective teacher? In the terminology of the mid 1970's, "not my bag, man."

The day then-fiancÚ and I got married and he became my life partner.

The births of our 4 children.

When DH&I moved our family from New Jersey to Kentucky.

The day each of our now-adult children married their spouses.

When DH&I went on our cruise in April 2012

When each of the 6 grandchildren were born (December 2015 will be the birth month of Grandchild#7)

When Sister and I went on a sightseeing tour of New England July 2014