News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• September 25, 2017, 12:21:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: An Adult Should Really Know This - Silly Things You've Had to Tell People  (Read 1174625 times)

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
Re: An Adult Should Really Know This - Silly Things You've Had to Tell People
« Reply #1755 on: January 13, 2014, 03:48:48 PM »
Usually maternity clothing is all lumped together, no matter what the size.  Oddly, in most department stores it seems to live next to the lingere.

That's been my experience looking through stores, although it's terribly dispiriting to be looking at what you think is plus - size clothing, and look at the tag of a lovely blouse to see Maternity. Thanks, Target.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

lady_disdain

• Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #1756 on: January 13, 2014, 04:22:05 PM »
Usually maternity clothing is all lumped together, no matter what the size.  Oddly, in most department stores it seems to live next to the lingere. 

Cause and consequence?

nuit93

« Reply #1757 on: January 13, 2014, 05:00:25 PM »

Cause and consequence?

Explains why the department store I used to work at put the lingerie across from the baby clothes.

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #1758 on: January 13, 2014, 05:11:17 PM »
Or the ice skating rink is near a psychotherapist.

PastryGoddess

« Reply #1759 on: January 13, 2014, 05:50:00 PM »

That's been my experience looking through stores, although it's terribly dispiriting to be looking at what you think is plus - size clothing, and look at the tag of a lovely blouse to see Maternity. Thanks, Target.

They just got into trouble for that recently

Bethczar

« Reply #1760 on: January 13, 2014, 06:08:53 PM »

I'm plus size, and I've bought Target's maternity clothes. I'm apple shaped, so the shape works pretty well, and their maternity clothes are way cuter than their plus sizes.

Hillia

« Reply #1761 on: January 13, 2014, 06:52:02 PM »

I'm plus size, and I've bought Target's maternity clothes. I'm apple shaped, so the shape works pretty well, and their maternity clothes are way cuter than their plus sizes.

Yeah, Target's plus size department is terrible.  They might as well put up a sign on the door that says 'No Fat Chicks' and be done with it.

KB

« Reply #1762 on: January 13, 2014, 07:42:44 PM »

Why on earth?  ???

jpcher

« Reply #1763 on: January 13, 2014, 08:03:28 PM »

Apple shaped myself. I've recently found that maternity clothing fits my shape better than plus sized shirts and blouses. Plus sized tops are too loose around the collar and arm area.

Being an Apple and 50+ years old I'm almost embarrassed to say that the most comfortable jeans that I buy these days are the maternity jeans with an elastic-fit panel around the belly but the legs are thinner rather than buying my waist size and having extra material baggage around my thighs, etc.

PastryGoddess

« Reply #1764 on: January 13, 2014, 08:55:08 PM »

Why on earth?  ???

A plus size dress was advertised as a maternity dress, complete with a pregnant model, on Target.com  http://jezebel.com/funny-thing-i-just-decided-to-take-a-look-at-target-co-1495341306

VorFemme

• It's too darned hot! (song from Kiss Me, Kate)
« Reply #1765 on: January 13, 2014, 09:17:28 PM »
Apple shaped and totally going to start looking at the maternity clothes the next time I go shopping...having something that doesn't slide off one or both shoulders to get enough fabric to go around me would be a nice change.

Just because I can sew doesn't mean that I want to sew every stitch of clothing that I ever plan to wear....
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

Hillia

« Reply #1766 on: January 14, 2014, 11:51:42 AM »
I have often thought of trying maternity jeans, as I have a terrible time getting jeans that don't give me clown pants

Teenyweeny

« Reply #1767 on: January 14, 2014, 12:00:49 PM »
If I was apple shaped (which I'm not, pear all the way ;)), I think I'd buy maternity clothes, although I can see why it would feel weird. Maternity clothes are generally much nicer than regular plus sizes, and I suspect they'd fit better.

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #1768 on: January 14, 2014, 12:16:25 PM »
If I was apple shaped (which I'm not, pear all the way ;)), I think I'd buy maternity clothes, although I can see why it would feel weird. Maternity clothes are generally much nicer than regular plus sizes, and I suspect they'd fit better.

They will definitely make you look pregnant, though, because of the cut.  So not something I'd do if I were sensitive to "when are you due?!" types of remarks.  :)
Emily is 10 years old!  1/07
Jenny is 8 years old!  10/08
Charlotte is 7 years old!  8/10
Megan is 4 years old!  10/12
Lydia is 2 years old!  12/14
Baby Charlie expected 9/17

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #1769 on: January 14, 2014, 02:16:03 PM »

Yeah, Target's plus size department is terrible.  They might as well put up a sign on the door that says 'No Fat Chicks' and be done with it.

Seriously. I went in there looking for plain tees to wear under sweaters and cardis and learned Target thinks I'm an XXXL, even though in every other brand I'm an XL or maybe a 1X if I want it to be roomy. Ouch.