News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 24, 2017, 03:45:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: An Adult Should Really Know This - Silly Things You've Had to Tell People  (Read 1268079 times)

Team HoundMom

Re: An Adult Should Really Know This - Silly Things You've Had to Tell People
« Reply #5910 on: November 10, 2017, 11:37:52 AM »
I had to explain to my brother that there are two Disneys, Disney World in FL and Disneyland in CA.  He didn't know about the California one.

Harriet Jones

• Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #5911 on: November 10, 2017, 11:40:23 AM »
There's also Disneyland Paris

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #5912 on: November 10, 2017, 12:04:36 PM »
And in China and Japan.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

dawnfire

« Reply #5913 on: November 10, 2017, 05:06:02 PM »
and Hong Kong
Whittlesea Victoria

ti_ax

« Reply #5914 on: November 10, 2017, 06:25:05 PM »
I don't think an adult really needs to know about theme park locations.

sandisadie

« Reply #5915 on: November 10, 2017, 06:39:30 PM »
California Disneyland was the original one and DisneyWorld in Fla was the 2nd.

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #5916 on: November 11, 2017, 10:03:43 AM »

Oh, I don't know - I've got a friend that goes to Disneyworld multiple times every year.  She's got a FB page called "<name> does Disney" where she has a countdown to her next visit, reports back on everything she does there, etc.

She takes the train down to FL, though; she's afraid of flying.  Otherwise I think she'd have visited every one around the world.

Mustard

« Reply #5917 on: November 11, 2017, 10:23:35 AM »

Unless they have children..

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #5918 on: November 11, 2017, 10:55:24 AM »
Honestly, I've known about Disneyland and DisneyWorld since I was a kid, and I've never cared much for Disney as a rule. (Although some of their divisions... Pixar, Marvel... I like very much.)

Shalamar

« Reply #5919 on: November 13, 2017, 09:58:16 AM »
My husband is constantly getting Disney World and Disneyland mixed up.  He'll tell people "We went to Disney World", and then when they say "Oh, nice, how was Florida?", he'll look confused and say "Uh, we were in California." 

I remember seeing a post on Reddit from someone who had accidentally bought park tickets for the "wrong" Disney, and he was freaking out thinking that he'd wasted all that money.  He was assured that the park would be able to help him out, and sure enough, they did. 

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #5920 on: November 13, 2017, 10:08:39 AM »
snip
Update. Colleague has now started to work with another MLM and has invited me, and the same group of employees to this new "party" which appears to be online only.

Sigh.

BG above.

Colleague is now selling for three different MLM companies, and using her work time, email, and IM to harangue various staff about buying from her.  :-\

Colleague is soon going to face PD, because she is falsifying time sheets, and has been caught. Colleague made appointments with students and was not there for them, and has taken to turning in assignments, reports, and HR documentation days late, because she is so busy.
[/quote]

Coworker resigned yesterday after being offered the choice to resign or be terminated.
[/quote]

Guess who is now calling and emailing to get recommendation letters from the former colleagues she treated horribly?
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #5921 on: November 13, 2017, 11:09:09 AM »
I can hear the calls now...

"[Colleague] was very devoted to her work for MLM1, MLM2, and MLM3."

"I thought she worked at OFFICE?"

"Well, she was employed there. The work she did while she was there was trying to sell MLM1, MLM2, and MLM3."
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

JeanFromBNA

« Reply #5922 on: November 13, 2017, 12:57:01 PM »

"Well, she was employed there. The work she did while she was there was trying to sell MLM1, MLM2, and MLM3."
That would be funny.

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
« Reply #5923 on: November 13, 2017, 02:20:49 PM »

That would be funny.

And sad at the same time: It's sad because it's true!
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #5924 on: November 14, 2017, 04:05:01 AM »
Is this talking about previously frozen fish purchased from a grocery store?  It doesn't seem to go along with current food safety guidelines.  Also, you don't know how old the fish from the grocery store is.

The packaging should tell you if it was previously frozen or not and the fresh fish should be labelled by packaging date. So you really should know how old the fish is unless the grocery store is doing something shady.

The person quoted in the previous post works at a processing plant so that person is talking about very fresh fish and is probably not taking into account shipping times from source to store.

I usually don't buy fish from the fish counter, so I don't know how they put the date on there.  If the guidelines from the store say to eat it within 12 hours of purchase, I don't think you should be waiting several days to eat it.

Id say unless you bought it from an actual fish market, then eat it within a day.