Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Should I go....

(1/2) > >>

bo:
This might be the wrong topic, if so mods please move.

I have an acquaintance I have known for years. Her husband is friend with my husband and we are friendly when we see each other.

She bbq's a lot in the summer,sometimes we are invited and sometimes we aren't, no biggie. I had a feeling for a few weeks that she was going to have a Memorial Day bbq, but we were never formally invited, which is fine. Today her husband sent out an e-mail inviting anyone that didn't know about the bbq.

My problem is, I feel funny going, I just feel if she wanted us there she would have invited me (she has my e-mail and we are facebook friends.). Now DH wants to go, and I don't know if her husband mentioned inviting us. My questions are should we just show up?, send her a fb message asking if I should bring something, and if so how do I phrase it? I kinda want to phrase the message putting out feelers if she even minds us coming. Or am I over thinking this because the husband invited us.

Thanks in advance.

NyaChan:
Can you give us the husband's wording?  It might help us figure out whether what's going on.  On its face, it seems like an email inviting people to a bbq = bbq, but since you sound unsure, I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing?

bo:
They were e-mailing about something else and he said "Oh BTW BBQ at my house Sunday after 3ish if anyone is nterested. "

Deetee:
That sounds like an invite to me. Unless there is other background like that wife does all the work and complains about her husband inviting people, I would just take this as an invite and go.

bo:
I just don't want to feel like I am crashing it! I could be over thinking this lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version