Author Topic: Awkward Texts From Mother's New Boyfriend and His Daughter  (Read 28491 times)

Otterpop

Re: Awkward Texts From Mother's New Boyfriend and His Daughter
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2013, 12:05:06 PM »
Agree with Hmmm..and others.  Mom doesn't care about her children's feelings unless those feelings align with her's.  People that don't agree with the abrupt changes are cut off.  That's very immature and narcissistic.  OP, don't beat yourself up.  It's not you, it's her (and possibly malignant influence - evidenced by the "family" demand then complete cutoff.)  Either mom will go further down the rabbit hole or she'll (emotionally) sober up in a few months are reach out to you.  Either way, YOU and yours will be fine.

nolechica

• Super Hero!
« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2013, 05:38:38 AM »
I wonder if "our family" means mom is remarried/remarrying as soon as the ink is dry on the divorce.  If so, she should have told her kids that she was remarrying soon so they had all the information.  This doesn't mean they have to accept it, but they deserve to know.

Minmom3

« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2013, 12:35:09 PM »
I think Hollyandra's post is one of the saddest things I've read on these boards.  I don't really CARE what her mom is feeling right now, for her to shun her daughter because her daughter won't drink the koolaide is just sad as hell.  How depressing.  Mom is an idiot.  I hope Hollyandra is getting enough positive strokes from other people in her life that she's not feeling remotely guilty about this current situation.  This just kills me - as a daughter and a mother.   :'(  I could totally see walking away from a husband or long term BF when the relationship isn't working anymore.  I could never walk away from my children in this way.  We might not talk all the time, but refusing to communicate at all?  I would never do that, and I don't understand how anybody could.
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2013, 03:01:13 PM »
My feelings on this is that mom wants to form instant bonds with this man and his child. How must his child feel? That would be strange no matter what age, for her father to suddenly be in this relationship. It seems OP's mom skipped a few steps in the relationship breakup and forming a new one.

OP, I am so sorry you are going through this. As a mom, I am appalled at your mother's behavior.