Author Topic: What Kinds of Things Do You Put in the Paper Shredder?  (Read 577 times)

Redsoil

Re: What Kinds of Things Do You Put in the Paper Shredder?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 01:51:42 AM »
All paperwork here (that doesn't have to be kept for tax - which is quite a lot!) gets burned.  We're on a farm, so that's not a problem - we have a 44 gal drum that we use for burning off each week.

At work, most things that aren't kept on file are shredded as we have to be very careful about patient privacy. 

Better safe than sorry.
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 02:08:38 AM »
Anything with name address or numbers (account/phone/SSN/etc).  Otherwise we recycle.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 07:01:36 PM »
Besides bills, I mean. 

I have gotten so paranoid about ID theft that, in addition to bills, I shred envelopes with my name and address, the backs of catalogs with my name and address, plus the inner ordering form which often has my name and address on it, all health reports from the insurance company a couple of years after I receive them...essentially ANYTHING with my name and address in addition to old bills with credit card numbers and account numbers.

My family thinks I am insane.  (I would agree sometimes, but not for this reason).  When my Dad visits, in order to be "useful" he offers to shred stuff, but he picks out the envelopes and magazine address labels and insists I am being silly for shredding that stuff.

So...dear ehellions....what do YOU shred?
I also shred things with my name and address on them.  Sometimes I just tear out the little address label on things like catalogs and envelopes and tear it up by hand.  Anything ready to be discarded of a personal nature of or with any kind of personal information on it gets shredded. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:07:13 PM by Bijou »
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2014, 07:03:53 PM »
I have one that shreds CD/DVDs, which was handy when I put backups on them.
Wow.  I had no idea there was such a thing.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2014, 07:28:54 PM »
I shred anything that has my name and address on it, as well as anything that has my credit card or account info.

So bills, all my receipts, because I pay for almost everything on credit, even the little slips from the bank machine when I get out money.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

MrTango

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2014, 07:47:20 PM »
Anything that doesn't need to be kept for tax/business purposes that has my name, address, or any personal info on it.  Also, any junk mail that isn't on un-glossed newsprint.  It's just easier to have all the junk in one place.

un-glossed newsprint gets used for lighting the grill.