Author Topic: s/o adults should know this - retrospectively obvious things you've just learned  (Read 108887 times)

andi

I think I knew this but forgot - always eat before getting a deep tissue massage.  Man I felt wooz amd bizarre about 15 minutes after I left this morning. Maybe becaue I usually go at night, late afternoon

Giraffe, Esq

This is really embarrassing, especially as I've now been a cat owner for two and a half years, but...

Hair balls aren't "balls". 

I thought my cat was one of those weird ones that doesn't really get hair balls!  I thought she just had two different kinds of puke, depending on what caused the puke!  I thought the long thin dry one that had been hidden and I found later must've been poop!  I thought...I don't know what I thought.  But, yeah, just recently, I looked closer while cleaning and realized, oh! Lightbulb!  This is a hairball! 

Totally not a "ball".  Hmph.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Hospital corners on a bed. Took me until adulthood to realize duh, that's how *I* make my bed too!

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Hospital corners on a bed. Took me until adulthood to realize duh, that's how *I* make my bed too!

My grandpa was military and so I always called them military corners. 

Snooks

I'm resurrecting this to say I've just found out 1) how awesomely comfy yoga pants are and 2) how much I love Doritos.  Now I want to sit in my yoga pants and eat Doritos.

Lynn2000

• Super Hero!
I'm resurrecting this to say I've just found out 1) how awesomely comfy yoga pants are and 2) how much I love Doritos.  Now I want to sit in my yoga pants and eat Doritos.

Ha ha! I started getting yoga pants a few years ago. Now I practically live in them. Same with hoodies. I had zero hoodies, then one day I bought one that was on sale to see what all the fuss was about. Now I bet I have two dozen. You think, what the heck, it's just a hoodie or yoga pants. But I find them SO comfortable and versatile. And when I find something like that, I buy a bunch.
~Lynn2000

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
We were on a trip one weekend that was supposed to have good weather.  Short trip, one suitcase, no jacket or wrap due to time of year.  Unseasonable cold front came in....

I checked the clearance rack for a hoodie....found one with a dragon on it (white dragon with blue eyes, in fact).  DS was quite happy with the "new" hoodie for him to wear, even though it is a bit baggy on him!

His college friends are jealous - even though it doesn't look like the blue eyed white dragon on the cards they are gaming with. 

I also need to start remembering to put a hoodie or wrap in the suitcase, even if it is "good weather" because the unseasonable weather is so much harder to live with as I get older...I'm hypothyroid, cold is harder to deal with than it used to be.

Growing up, I didn't chill this easily, I had oily skin (now its dry), and I never thought about moisturizer, although I did think about sun block after a few good sunburns and my third bout of sun poisoning with a rash!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
When you wear your brand new red suede flats it will rain. Guaranteed!

I always have a sweater or hoodie with me, at least in the car. I always carry a change of clothing, a first aid kit, bottled water and a flashlight in my vehicle. I keep a granola bar in my messenger bag. I now carry a juice pack for my electronics, I used to just bring extra batteries.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!

I always have a sweater or hoodie with me, at least in the car. I always carry a change of clothing, a first aid kit, bottled water and a flashlight in my vehicle. I keep a granola bar in my messenger bag. I now carry a juice pack for my electronics, I used to just bring extra batteries.

^^^  Your electronics drink juice?  How nice of you to provide them with refreshing beverages! 

andi

I always take a jacket / long pants no matter where I'm going or what time of yea war. We were in Lubbock, TX in August and a freak cold front moved through. Dropped from upper 90's to mid 60's in 2 hours and poured rain for 2 days

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
Tonight I decided to try something a bit different with my salad, so I mashed up a can of anchovies with lemon juice and garlic. I tossed that with chopped kale and topped it with a poached egg. As I finished my bowl, so proud of my creation, I thought all it needed was some parmesan. Then it hit me: I just replicated the caesar salad.  Oh well, I liked my version better than any I've had in a restaurant in a while.

Dazi

• like the flower
I always take a jacket / long pants no matter where I'm going or what time of yea war. We were in Lubbock, TX in August and a freak cold front moved through. Dropped from upper 90's to mid 60's in 2 hours and poured rain for 2 days

We had that happen in Florida a few months ago.  It was in the mid 70s, maybe 80s, and dropped into the 30s during the afternoon.  People were not dressed appropriately for the weather, though I can't really fault them. No one was really expecting that to happen quite so fast.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Related story time.

DH, DS and I were at a Disney water park for the day. We had gone to another part of the park, and had carried our stuff with us, but didn't have much. Just a bag of toiletries and personal items and towels. We had one of those summer downpours, with a downdraft that took the temperature from 88 to 50 in half an hour. There were a ton of people in that area and the wind was very high. We ended up packing under a pavilion, with three to four people each sitting on lounges to stay warm. That was a weird day.

Lynn2000

• Super Hero!

^^^  Your electronics drink juice?  How nice of you to provide them with refreshing beverages!

Ha ha, I thought the same thing for a second--granola bar, juice pack, I'd like a juice pack (like Capri Sun?)--hey, electronics, what??  :D
~Lynn2000