Author Topic: ICE CREAM! What's your favorite?  (Read 5514 times)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
Re: ICE CREAM! What's your favorite?
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2013, 10:56:57 PM »
Mocha Almond Fudge
Orange sherbet
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2013, 11:00:32 PM »
Orange Sherbet
Rainbow Sherbet
Orange Cream
Raspberry or Blackberry Ripple

veronaz

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2013, 11:03:23 PM »
My favorite is from a local shop: rhubarb.

mmmm, this makes my mouth water.   :)

amandaelizabeth

• Amanda's home based ece
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2013, 01:43:15 AM »
Hokey pokey a traditional kiwi favourite.

Although with the temperature outside at around 40 degrees I  will not be indulging anytime soon

TomatoBunny

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2013, 03:33:33 AM »
20ish years ago, Breyer's Rocky Road was my favorite, but they changed the recipe to a marshmallow swirl instead of whole mini marshmallows. I like the marshmallows better than the swirl, but all the Rocky Roads I find have a swirl now.  :'(  I suppose it's just as well, because I don't really care for nuts or other crunchy things in my ice cream anymore.

I'm currently in love with Blue Bell's Banana Pudding ice cream. I also try various Ben & Jerry's. Currently my top flavor is the new(?) Willie Nelson Peach. I find that I like some of their ice cream mixes, but not the mixed in stuff. Karamel Sutra rocks with it's core of soft caramel goodness, but I don't care for the fudge chips mixed into the ice cream. Phish Food is a good chocolate with marshmallow and caramel swirl, but again.. I don't like the fudge fish. While these two examples make it sound like I just don't like the hard fudge they use (and that's completely true, I don't), there's others I don't quite love because there's hard bits of stuff in them. I just like my ice cream to be soft & creamy all the way through.  ;D

Nikko-chan

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2013, 03:40:16 AM »
amandaelizabeth... hokey pokey?

TomatoBunny that banana pudding ice cream sounds divine!!!

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2013, 04:30:55 AM »
<I WANT ICE CREAM!>

wanted to add, that much as i love "real" (handmade) ice cream in a specialty store, DS and I love love love the McD's plain vanilla milk shakes or their ice cream swirlies. I know, totally fake vanilla taste but - yum. It's our go-to road trip food

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2013, 04:58:23 AM »
Haagen Dazs Cassis and Cream. I've only ever found it in one shop, in tiny one-person servings, back in 2004, in Japan. I don't think I'll ever find it again.

Hokey Pokey! (ex-New Zealander here  ;D)

Vanilla with a toffee swirl.

(Oops, forgot the other thing I was going to mention! While I was in Japan one of my teachers informed the class that a lot of younger Japanese people 'make' new verbs by adding a -ru ending to a noun or part of a noun that now acts as a verb 'stem'... and one of the examples we were given was "Haageru" = "to go get Haagen Dazs" :D)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 05:00:26 AM by Mel the Redcap »
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Gyburc

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2013, 07:11:36 AM »
We have an ice-cream maker at home, and have been experimenting a bit. My favourites so far are:

White chocolate
Frozen vanilla custard
Strawberry sorbet
Red gooseberry sorbet
Rhubarb sorbet

I had blood orange sorbet at a restaurant not long ago, and I keep on meaning to buy some blood oranges and juice to make some myself!
When you look into the photocopier, the photocopier also looks into you

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2013, 07:21:22 AM »
Madison WI has several great ice cream places but the best  has to be from Babcock Hall.  It's made on the University campus and any flavor is outrageous. 

At Niece's Wedding, the procession with the tubs of Babcock Hall ice cream was greeted with at least as much enthusiasm as the cutting of the cake. 

o_gal

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2013, 08:04:05 AM »
We have a chain here in SW Ohio called Graeter's which makes the most heavenly smooth and rich ice cream. They use a process called "French Pot" - http://www.graeters.com/process.aspx

Verloona Ti

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2013, 08:16:21 AM »
H-D Vanilla Bean ice cream.
Blue Bunny Red Velvet Cake ice cream .

Coralreef

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2013, 11:32:21 AM »
Black sesame

Moka almond chocolate fudge

Chocolate

Maple

Butterscotch ripple

Cookie dough

Usually in a bowl, but a regular square bottom cone is a close second (mostly for summer).

[/right

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2013, 11:33:06 AM »
We have a canister ice cream maker and I love to make vanilla bean ice cream in it. I have to leave the house to let it freeze though, I would rather just eat it.  :D

cwm

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2013, 12:23:31 PM »
Goat cheese and honey
Cherry cream cheese
Lavender and lemon
Christopher Elbow dark chocolate

There's this gourmet ice cream store that has all these flavors and then some, and they're all delicious. Usually I'll pay the $8 for a pint and get the goat cheese and honey with one of the other flavors, but it lasts me several weeks. It's so rich, it's hard to have more than a few bites at a time.

If I'm going to the store, I'll usually get Half Baked or regular cookie dough ice cream.