Author Topic: ICE CREAM! What's your favorite?  (Read 5451 times)

Kariachi

Re: ICE CREAM! What's your favorite?
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2013, 02:27:53 PM »
Chocolate
Vanilla
Cookie Dough
Ben & Jerry's Phish Food
Nearly any other Ben & Jerry's

Awesome fun fact, Ben Cohen, of Ben & Jerry's fame, is an anosmiac. The ice cream is made partially with him in mind. ^_^ This very much explains why I see so many anosmiacs that love Ben & Jerry's.
"Heh. Forgive our manners, little creature — that we may well kill and eat you is no excuse for rudeness."

Mikayla

« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2013, 04:30:43 PM »
Blue Bell pralines and cream

Mine is very similar!  It's Blue Bell Mexican Praline.  Best ice cream I've ever tasted.  But it's almost impossible to find.  In fact, last time I checked the website, it wasn't even listed as a seasonal option.

Here in Denver metro, it popped up briefly around Christmas and we bought 2 half gallons.  By the time it was gone, so was the flavor.  We're talking under 3 weeks.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2013, 07:16:41 PM »
I love chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, any brand, any variety!  Chocolate chip cookie dough is just too good to pass up!

I also love Coldstone Creamery's vanilla ice cream with gummy bears topping it.  It's been one of my favorite "flavors" of ice cream since I was kid, and for some reason I think it tastes better with Coldstone than with other brands.  No idea why though. 

Ice cream is actually one of my favorite things about living in Minnesota.  Minnesotans take their ice cream seriously, and many ice cream places stay open year round.  Where I grew up in Colorado, every ice cream place closed in October or so - even the one in the mall! 

lowspark

« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2013, 09:27:52 AM »
I love chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, any brand, any variety!  Chocolate chip cookie dough is just too good to pass up!

I also love Coldstone Creamery's vanilla ice cream with gummy bears topping it.  It's been one of my favorite "flavors" of ice cream since I was kid, and for some reason I think it tastes better with Coldstone than with other brands.  No idea why though. 

Ice cream is actually one of my favorite things about living in Minnesota.  Minnesotans take their ice cream seriously, and many ice cream places stay open year round.  Where I grew up in Colorado, every ice cream place closed in October or so - even the one in the mall!

This is what I love about the internet. You get to learn all kinds of crazy regional differences.

Ice Cream shops close in the winter??  ??? Honestly, I've never heard of that!

I live in Houston and it never would have occurred to me that ice cream is a seasonal product. I mean, we pretty much eat it all year 'round here. I mean, didn't they use snow to make the stuff way back in the early days?

;D Who knew?

Morty'sCleaningLady

« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2013, 10:11:50 AM »

This is what I love about the internet. You get to learn all kinds of crazy regional differences.

Ice Cream shops close in the winter??  ??? Honestly, I've never heard of that!

I live in Houston and it never would have occurred to me that ice cream is a seasonal product. I mean, we pretty much eat it all year 'round here. I mean, didn't they use snow to make the stuff way back in the early days?

;D Who knew?

I live in Massachusetts and some of our shops are seasonal.  If it's a shack outside of a dairy (like a couple of my favorites) it's typically unheated and un-air-conditioned.  Winter would be brutal!  If it's in a regular store location, it's open year round.
Formerly Mrs.Bart

snappylt

« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2013, 10:58:42 AM »
Teaberry ice cream was one of my favorite flavors when I was growing up.  There was a small chain of ice cream stores in a few counties around my hometown that often sold teaberry ice cream.  I've never seen it anywhere else, and it's probably been forty-five years since I've had any.

I've never heard of teaberry ice cream, so I googled it : If Hershey's brand ice cream is sold in your area, they offer a teaberry flavor.
http://www.hersheyicecream.com/PrePackagedIceCream/1.5qtPremiumContainer/teaberry.html

Thank you for mentioning this.  I have not seen that brand here, but then again I haven't looked for it, either.  I'll keep my eyes open now.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2013, 11:06:04 AM »
My very favorite ice cream isn't made anymore :( - Used to be Godiva chocolate raspberry truffle. Not dark dark chocolate, but close, ice cream, with ribbons of raspberry, and soft, chewy, chocolate chunks. It came in a container slightly smaller than a pint, and if PMS was really rearing its ugly head, I could finish one off in no time flat!

Nowadays, pretty much any kind of premium ice cream. My favorites are the independent places that make them really rich, and in cool flavors. I love black raspberry, and any kind of berry or cheesecake berry ice cream. I also like Ben & Jerry's Creme Brulee.

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2013, 11:23:52 AM »
Haagen Daaz coffee
Edy's Mint Chocolate Chip
Z's Cream and Bean (local shop) Espresso Heath

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

lowspark

« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2013, 12:29:21 PM »
Well, I succumbed to my craving and went to Baskin Robbins last night. Took a chance they would have Baseball Nut and whadaya know! They did!! So I got a scoop. It was really good! While I was there I saw another flavor I remember from when I was a kid, Jamoca Almond Fudge. Gonna get that next time. DH got Peanut Butter Chocolate which he remembered from his youth.

I always just buy ice cream at the grocery store. (Blue Bell, yum!) But I guess I ought to venture over to B-R every once in a while, for old time's sake. Funny thing is, the same exact location that we went to as kids, in the 60s is still there and still the closest to my house (I live about 3 miles from my childhood home) so it really was a sort of "you can go home again" deal. That was fun!

BeagleMommy

« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2013, 02:34:29 PM »
Mannings Pumpkin Pie - local dairy and they only make it in October and November.  I refuse to share!

Ben & Jerry's Red Velvet Cake or Late Night Snack

Turkey Hill Party Cake

However, my all time favorite is the rose ice cream DS makes for me every year on my birthday.  I'm a June baby and rose is the flower for June.  My birthday is Sunday so guess what I'm getting?!  ;D

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2013, 02:50:06 PM »
I used to think my favorite was Cookies and Cream.  I mean, Oreos... what can be better, right?
Then I discovered Turkey Hill's Columbian Coffee.  So for a while, I believed that was my favorite, because it turns out that hot coffee is nasty, but iced coffee is heaven.
But then I found it.  Friendly's makes a flavor called Coffee Cookie Crumble.  Coffee ice cream... with OREOS.  So that's my favorite.  Until they manage to make a coffee ice cream with Oreos and dark chocolate or something...

Jaelle

« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2013, 08:07:08 PM »
A WNY chain named Anderson's makes orange chocolate ice cream. (Also sorta a WNY thing.) Heaven.

Store-bought ... hmm. Haven't purchased any Ben & Jerry's in so long. Guess I need to remedy that. :D
“She was already learning that if you ignore the rules people will, half the time, quietly rewrite them so that they don't apply to you.”
― Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

Mikayla

« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2013, 04:13:18 PM »
My very favorite ice cream isn't made anymore :( - Used to be Godiva chocolate raspberry truffle. Not dark dark chocolate, but close, ice cream, with ribbons of raspberry, and soft, chewy, chocolate chunks. It came in a container slightly smaller than a pint, and if PMS was really rearing its ugly head, I could finish one off in no time flat!

Nowadays, pretty much any kind of premium ice cream. My favorites are the independent places that make them really rich, and in cool flavors. I love black raspberry, and any kind of berry or cheesecake berry ice cream. I also like Ben & Jerry's Creme Brulee.

You have some tastes similar to mine.  I remember that Godiva flavor, and if you're ever craving a similar taste profile, go to Target and get their Market Pantry Black Raspberry Choco Chip.  It's not the same quality, but great flavor!

Also, if you're like me and getting way annoyed at so-called cheesecake flavors that taste like vanilla, try the Target kicked up brand (Archer Farms?) and their strawberry cheesecake.  Amazing.

I don't meant to target Target!  It's funny, because I'm not a fan of their stuff. But both of these are really worth a try.

veronaz

« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2013, 04:43:24 PM »
Haagen Dazs Banana Split is surprisingly good.  By that I mean I didn't think an ice cream could actually taste like a banana split, but it does.

Last week CVS had Haagen Dazs on sale, then I used a $4 extra bucks coupon and got 2 pints for $1.50 each. :)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2013, 08:10:51 PM »
We usually have a package of ice cream sandwiches in the freezer the warmer half of the year. Target carries a chocolate chip cookie dough version, a mint chocolate chip version, and a cookies and cream version. They are delicious!