Poll

What drinks do you reach for to keep cool? (choose 2)

Water
52 (35.9%)
Iced tea
39 (26.9%)
Iced coffee
8 (5.5%)
Lemonade
16 (11%)
Kool Aid
0 (0%)
Beer
8 (5.5%)
Other
22 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: June 08, 2013, 10:10:42 PM

Author Topic: Favorite drinks to cool off  (Read 2268 times)

MrTango

Re: Favorite drinks to cool off
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 01:12:35 PM »
Iced tea or Lemonade for me (or a 1:1 mix of the two).

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 03:07:55 PM »
Iced tea or water. I drink brewed black unsweetened iced tea. I love it with a little fresh lime. I also love water, and drink a lot of it. I like a little lime in my water on occasion. I like margaritas or sangria on occasion as well, but not for thirst.

I don't drink soda or sweetened drinks, I can't tolerate artificial sweeteners either, so if I want bubbles it is with sparkling water with lime.

cwm

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 03:12:38 PM »
I gave up soda nearly a year ago and haven't looked back. I don't like beer to begin with.

For me it's water or mint tea. I usually have some loose leaf mint herbal tea around, and I'll steep it hot before sticking it in the fridge to cool down, then drink it iced. Personally mint has always been a "cool" flavor to me, so it's really nice to have iced.

Crystal Light is also good, and living with my sister we can make a gallon of it and it will last for a while, which is always nice.

If it wasn't so expensive, I'd buy fruit juice all the time and have that, but I'm picky and can only really stand the good stuff. Oh well, it's always nice for a treat.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 03:49:14 PM »
If I'm hot and thirsty, I do not want anything sweet so unsweetened ice tea is my first choice and water my second.

Waterlight

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 04:14:16 PM »
I chose water (especially for hiking trips!) ... and iced coffee because I won't go without my coffee even if it's hot outside. 

I also make a mean nonalcoholic punch (cranberry juice + ginger ale + slices of lime), Virgin Madras (equal parts orange and cranberry juice, with a splash of lime), and Virgin Sea Breeze (equal parts grapefruit and cranberry juice)... but I don't drink them specifically to cool off
“The best lightning rod for your protection is your own spine.”--Ralph Waldo Emerson

demarco

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 07:51:45 PM »
Coke Zero is my favorite but caffeine free diet Coke is what I drink most often.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 07:53:57 PM »
During the summer, I make a smoothie out of about 6 cups of seedless watermelon, 1 scoop of raspberry sherbet, about 6 to 8 mint leaves, and 12 ice cubes.  You just blend it until it's smooth, and it is so good!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 08:34:28 PM »
It would go completely against my Southern roots to not answer iced tea.  ;)  I do prefer my tea without lemon, but will happily add a lime wedge or three.

Water and lemonade are tied for the #2 spot.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Emmy

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 09:18:23 PM »
I like very lightly sweetened ice teas and lemonades.  The super sweet ones are not as refreshing or thirst quenching.  Also water and sport drinks do the job.

NyaChan

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 09:35:19 PM »
Water and Ice tea for me.  The rest of the stuff would work too, but it doesn't really quench my thirst if you know what I mean.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 10:50:06 PM »
For the most part I drink ( in this order): Water , water with ice, Ice coffee
After that: iced tea, crystal light, tomato juice with ice, coke zero with ice - all of these are much less frequently.

Where I live the weather is usually hot and dry in summer ( April/may to sept/Oct), with annoying heat waves that go into the 90s so drinking lots of water is a must.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Specky

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2013, 01:40:17 AM »
Unsweetened iced tea, made with either Oolong or white tea.

Seltzer with half a fresh key lime squeezed in.

TomatoBunny

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2013, 02:34:50 PM »
Water with lots of ice, even if I have to refill the glass often because the ice is hogging all the space.  ;D

Sometimes I get on a slushie drink kick. I like to freeze various types of juice*; pineapple, mango, orange, strawberry, etc in ice trays. I pop them into snow cone maker (but I bet a blender would be fine/better) and fill a glass with the frozen juice shavings. The juice cubes shave down very easily, it's not hard and crushed like water. Then I fill the glass with orange juice, give it a stir, then I usually pop in a straw and bam, done! :) 

*- I generally get those (soda sized) cans of juice I see in the store for this, even though those aren't straight juice. The water content doesn't mess with the shaving process and the end result is still good. But you could seriously just use the same orange juice you're going to poor over it later, that's still totally good.

Jelaza

• Meow
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2013, 10:23:15 PM »
To keep cool and quench thirst, it has to be water.

I drink Diet Pepsi like a fiend, and I love chocolate malts (they were almost an "Other", but the calories keep them from being anything more than a very occasional treat), but those I drink just for taste (and in fact, they often make me more thirsty).

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2013, 05:25:22 PM »
I forgot that I am very fond of Crystal Light's Mojito flavor.  I wish they came in the singlets, but it only comes in the 2 quart serving pack.  As it is, I only use one per gallon and it is perfect like that.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah