Poll

What drinks do you reach for to keep cool? (choose 2)

Water
52 (35.9%)
Iced tea
39 (26.9%)
Iced coffee
8 (5.5%)
Lemonade
16 (11%)
Kool Aid
0 (0%)
Beer
8 (5.5%)
Other
22 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: June 08, 2013, 10:10:42 PM

Author Topic: Favorite drinks to cool off  (Read 2356 times)

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
Re: Favorite drinks to cool off
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2013, 06:19:10 PM »
Cucumber water, plain water and juice. Only one juice a day, to cut down on sugar.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2013, 06:29:07 PM »
Cucumber water, plain water and juice. Only one juice a day, to cut down on sugar.

I had to google this because I've never heard of it.  Sounds interesting. I love cucumbers.  Saw an interesting variation with lime and fresh mint added.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

snowfire

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2013, 10:53:57 PM »
I like a 50/50 mix of iced tea and lemonade, or lemonade straight.

doodlemor

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2013, 11:40:08 PM »
During the day I drink a lot of water.  On a hot evening I love a glass of Absolut Peach on ice. 

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2013, 10:14:25 AM »
I am going to make watermelon water, it is one of my favorites at work.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2013, 11:25:38 AM »

I had to google this because I've never heard of it.  Sounds interesting. I love cucumbers.  Saw an interesting variation with lime and fresh mint added.

So, I made the cucumber water with mint and lime.  I chucked some water, a sprig of mint, one of those little pickling cucumbers (I don't like the wax on the others) and some fresh lime juice in my Vitamix and blitzed it into green goo.  Then diluted it with more water until it made a gallon.

It is delicious and very, very cooling...I had to go turn up my AC a few degrees because drinking it made me a bit cold.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2013, 02:10:45 PM »
I voted water and iced tea because those are my usual go-tos.

However, after working in the yard on a hot summer day? There's nothing so refreshingly satisfying as an iced cold beer. Ahhhhh.

snowdragon

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2013, 05:48:48 PM »
Totally Light 2 GO - they have several flavors that I like.  Wildberry and Pomegranate is a great substitute for Loganberry. The lemonade and lemonade ice tea are also wonderful.  All flavored with splenda.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2013, 05:53:05 PM »
Totally Light 2 GO - they have several flavors that I like.  Wildberry and Pomegranate is a great substitute for Loganberry. The lemonade and lemonade ice tea are also wonderful.  All flavored with splenda.

Their green tea one is really good, but hard to find.

Bluenomi

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2013, 08:54:40 PM »
I discovered a new one yesterday: iced tea slushies. A place near us does iced tea but will blend it with ice if you ask. So good. I really felt like a slushie but most are far too sweet for me to deal with at the moment so it really hit the spot.

SoCalVal

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2013, 02:14:18 AM »
My go-to for the past 20+ years has been water w/lemon juice, usually with lots of ice.  It started this way to kill the metallic taste of the tap water at school and restaurant water (like Denny's) then I just kept drinking it because I enjoy it (I actually started having water w/lemon when I was 12-14 but stopped until I was around 22-23 in college).  I love Diet Cokes but, to get refreshed, ice water w/lemon juice has always done the trick.

Someday, I'll figure out how to make a lemon sorbet minus the sugar; that'll be the ultimate in cooling off for me (or, I guess, a lemon slurpee with no sugar).

LibraryLady

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2013, 04:04:48 PM »
I like Crystal Light Energy Wild Strawberry - the strawberry is not overpowering and isn't too sweet to me. 
For a punch drink - I like 1/2 cranberry juice and 1/2 Fresca  or ginger ale

Mikayla

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2013, 04:16:33 PM »
If it's about quenching thirst, nothing beats Diet Pepsi.   

If it's more about being refreshed, my fave non-alcoholic drink is sort of a takeoff on orange julius.  I mix about 3/4 oj to 1/4 vanilla flavored liquid creamer, add in some ice and blend it.  It also works if you get chipped ice out of your refrig.  You don't have to blend it that way if you don't want.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2013, 11:13:03 PM »
I have a bit of an addiction to Dr. Pepper, but sadly I've decided to wean myself off the stuff. I've got a killer headache. As in, I feel like I'm going to kill something.

To actually cool off though, I think lemonade or lemon water is very refreshing. I can't stand kool-aid. It tastes like family dysfunction to me
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

nayberry

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2013, 09:09:15 AM »
well, being a true Brit, Tea, thats right, HOT tea, it works and i love it,  tho if i go alcoholic a jug of Pimms is rather lush,
http://www.anyoneforpimms.com/ , i make it 50/50 with lemonade which is a little stronger than most but you taste it properly! ;)
i also add cut up strawberries, cucumber slices, mint leaves and ice cubes