Author Topic: So is this normal?  (Read 7317 times)

spookycatlady

Re: So is this normal?
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2013, 09:36:19 AM »
I was once told to stay behind and mind the office while the rest of the staff had cake and coffee for Employee Appreciation Day.  Then, when they call came back, I was told I could go by myself to the breakroom to help myself to whatever was left.  I felt soooooo appreciated...

The particular supervisor who did this? She really did have a noticeable issue with me (not my work-- me).  My co-workers began running interference to shield me from her.  It worked for the most part, as I didn't directly report to her.

I was lucky in that I had co-workers who saw and acknowledged that what she did was not polite or professional, which made it easier to continue working there.

amylouky

Re: So is this normal?
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2013, 09:55:13 AM »
The only way I can see this being okay is if the luncheon were specifically to honor the reception staff. Otherwise, just, no.
Does brother have the least seniority in the office? I can possibly see this happening if he'd been there a year, but everyone else had been there ten years. Still doesn't make it okay, it's insulting.. they should have hired the temp.