Author Topic: Comment deleted  (Read 675 times)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
Comment deleted
« on: October 11, 2014, 01:33:46 AM »
I commented on a thread in the I Need Hug Folder.  I got notifications for when there was a new post for a day or so.  Now my comment does not appear anywhere in the thread and I am not getting notifications ("Show new replies to your posts.").
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

pharmagal

Re: Comment deleted
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 04:29:11 AM »
Maybe there's a glitch in the software.  I posted in a thread a week or so ago, and the comment has gone.  I don't think what I posted was snarky or mean or anything.  Who knows.

Kiwichick

• Is anyone else hungry now?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 05:49:06 AM »
PM one of the Mods.  They delete inappropriate posts, if that's the case with your post they should be able to tell you why.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 01:34:34 PM »
I've found the post in a still open Window that had never had the "post" button clicked to submit it.

I've had a power outage just after clicking the "post" button - don't remember why there was a brownout (lights lowered & came back) or a power blink (everything went off for less than 30 seconds & most things except the computer came back on).

I've had a blue screen of death or other error message come up (error 404 - page not found was one of them) just after I tried submitting the post.

I've even had one or two removed - at least once because I had managed to post a reply to thread Something on thread Something Else....and I couldn't figure out how to move the post to the correct thread.  Or in one case - find the correct thread ever again...
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 01:37:38 PM »
I don't think me offering hugs would have been seen as inappropriate.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 02:17:24 PM »
Okay I'm going to be honest.  I think I know the comment that you are talking about because I don't see it anymore, but quite frankly it made me blink my eyes too.   I'm sure you didn't mean it the way it came across, but I can see why maybe the OP might have asked for it to be removed (or a mod just made the decision - I assume they remove posts sometimes without being asked).  In any case, PMing a mod would be your best bet.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 02:53:15 PM »
Okay I'm going to be honest.  I think I know the comment that you are talking about because I don't see it anymore, but quite frankly it made me blink my eyes too.   I'm sure you didn't mean it the way it came across, but I can see why maybe the OP might have asked for it to be removed (or a mod just made the decision - I assume they remove posts sometimes without being asked).  In any case, PMing a mod would be your best bet.

Interesting.  Looks like I need to think about how I word things or how they come across.  I don't remember exactly what I said, but I don't see how it could have been taken wrong.  However, the fact that you're saying it could have been means there is something I'm clearly missing.

Mary Lennox

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 03:07:30 PM »
I have to agree with Stargazer, if we're talking about the same post. I don't remember the exact wording, but I read it a few times and couldn't find a right way to take it. It came across as pretty insensitive given the thread it was in. You may have meant it in the nicest way, but to me at least, it came across badly.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 03:10:27 PM »
Then I owe some apologies -goes off to apologize profusely-