Author Topic: Board Unavailable In the Mornings  (Read 7173 times)

fountainsoflettuce

Board Unavailable In the Mornings
« on: June 03, 2013, 12:41:24 PM »
Lately, I've noticed the Board is not available around 8:30 a.m. EST for about a half hour on average.  Some days it's longer and some days it's shorter. 

Shoo

• Super Hero!
Re: Board Unavailable In the Mornings
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 12:43:00 PM »
Yes, every single day.  I've come to expect it.

perpetua

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 12:44:23 PM »
It's like that at 7.30 in the morning UK time till about 8, and again at lunchtimes, usually about 1.15, for anything up to an hour.

Rather annoying when before work and lunchtimes are the times I want to read.

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 12:44:35 PM »
I have that problem, too (same time zone). I usually open another window and browse news sites, coming back to hit refresh on my eHell tab every 5 minutes or so until I can get on.

cwm

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 12:44:56 PM »
I've noticed this as well. And it's not just the boards for me, it's the main site, too.

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 12:45:43 PM »
I happens to me every day around 1:30pm BST.

lowspark

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 12:47:45 PM »
Yup. Sometimes I'll open up several threads on separate tabs so that I can browse through each of them without having to hit a link first. Inevitably, that's the day it works fine, and when I don't do it the next day, it's down again. But yeah. I just end up going to other sites in the meantime.

Worst thing is if I'm in the middle of typing out a reply and then hit preview or post. It's hit or miss whether I lose what I typed so sometimes I'll copy-paste it into word if I think quickly enough.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 12:49:27 PM »
Yeah, it's been happening around a month now.  It goes on and off between 8-10am, and then later around noon but not as long as in the morning.  Sometimes I think it's back, only for it to go out 20 seconds later.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 01:28:57 PM »
I've noticed it, too.  Sometimes, it is browser related so for troubleshooting purposes, I'm using IE8 when I have the problems, 8:30 to 10:00 EDT.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 01:39:18 PM »
I just expect that from somewhere around 8:30AM to somewhere about 10AM, Eastern time, I won't have access. I come in sometimes early and open a half dozen tabs so I won't run out of 'goofing off' material while the board does its daily ablutions. :-)

Hillia

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 01:41:45 PM »
Me too.  Glad it's not just me.  It seems like this happened several months or a year ago, stopped for awhile, and has been doing it again for a month or two now.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 01:59:23 PM »
Ditto me. 

AngelicGamer

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 02:28:07 PM »
I remember the Dame saying something about the server updating in the mornings.  As for the lunchtime downtime, I'm not sure what that is.

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

Redwing

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 02:40:04 PM »
Happens to me and I just figure the site is updating.  But it is still a little frustrating!

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 02:42:01 PM »
If it's the server updating or if it's too many posters logging into the site at peak times, wouldn't it happen every day continuesly?  What I don't understand is why the site will be fine for many many months or even a year, and then this issue will pop up again.  But I'm no computer expert. 

I'm not really bothered by it since I just go to other websites.  I just don't understand it.