Author Topic: Board Unavailable In the Mornings  (Read 7643 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Board Unavailable In the Mornings
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2013, 09:44:54 AM »
I spoke too soon...  I got booted off and wasn't able to get back on for a bit.  Back on now, though, obviously.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

perpetua

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2013, 10:23:17 AM »
Ehelldame, you're talking a lot about the speed of the board and the board being slow; I wonder if you realise that it isn't a case of speed or pages being slow to load, but of being unavailable entirely? It's almost like someone's completely removed the site from the internet or taken the domain name away. At least that's how it is here on this side of the pond (UK).

Additionally, it isn't just the forum that goes down. It's the main EHell site also.

veronaz

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2013, 11:04:48 AM »
Additionally, it isn't just the forum that goes down. It's the main EHell site also.

Exactly.

emwithme

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2013, 04:50:59 PM »
Ehelldame, you're talking a lot about the speed of the board and the board being slow; I wonder if you realise that it isn't a case of speed or pages being slow to load, but of being unavailable entirely? It's almost like someone's completely removed the site from the internet or taken the domain name away. At least that's how it is here on this side of the pond (UK).

This is the experience I'm also having (UK).  I have EHell and the forum main page in my favourites bar.  I know not to go to the site OR the forum (but I get the problem more with the forum - both this one and Hells Bells) between 11 am and 1 pm GMT, because otherwise I will just go straight to my ISP's "we can't find that address" page. 

veronaz

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2013, 05:00:05 PM »
Also - I'm in the US, so it's not a UK problem.

veronaz

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2013, 09:12:36 AM »
Still a problem opening the site, happened this morning 8:00 – 9:15 EST.  I find it strange that ehell is the only site where the problem persists.  I don’t think it’s just because lots of people are getting to work and trying to get on the site; there are lots of websites and lots of people getting on those sites every morning.  It’s not like the internet shuts down every morning all over the world as people are getting to work.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:53:24 AM by veronaz »

Redsoil

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2013, 09:18:21 AM »
Still issues here (Australia).  Long periods of time where the board just tries to load, but can't.  Differing timeframes and lengths of time, from 10 minutes to over an hour.  It's the only website that does this, and it's been going on for as long as I've been on the board.
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2013, 09:38:12 AM »
I experience the same here (Denmark). It's worst in the mornings - 8-10am CEST.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

perpetua

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2013, 03:12:33 AM »
Site was down for me again this morning from 7.50am (UK) when I started trying until 8.10.

Here's the error message:

veronaz

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2013, 08:59:32 AM »
Happened again this morning - 7:00AM - 8:55AM EST.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2013, 10:02:07 AM »
We are experimenting with the software settings this week so let me know how the forum performance is during the mornings.     There will be maintenance down time starting Friday at 6 PM EST.   

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 10:59:49 AM »
I've been unable to get on a couple of times in the last two days - something about high stress on the server?

Stormtreader

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2013, 12:25:48 PM »
I had that too today, it was about 1.15pm UK time though so it could have been everyone checking in their lunchbreak maybe?

Nibsey

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2013, 01:22:43 PM »
I've been finding it much better. Still slow but now I can actually check the site during lunch (1-2pm GMT)
“I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”- Douglas Adams
Éire (Ireland)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2013, 01:26:12 PM »
Last week and the week before, I was not getting on at all or only very sporadically throughtout the day.  I even had issues in the afternoon, EST.  Today, I'm having no problems at all.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario