Author Topic: Board Unavailable In the Mornings  (Read 8180 times)

cwm

Re: Board Unavailable In the Mornings
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2013, 09:54:44 AM »
I've been having relative luck lately, but I'm not usually on until 10 CST or so.

lowspark

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2013, 09:58:49 AM »
It seems to have gone down for about 30 minutes this morning, although intermittently. I've started copying my posts to word as a precaution before hitting "Post" as twice the "not available" screen came up and obliterated what I'd written.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2013, 05:40:02 PM »
I've actually had fairly regular problems in the midnight - 2 AM range, also - I take it as a cue it's time to go to bed  :P

starry diadem

• διάδημα: The Glass Hat
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2013, 05:41:52 PM »
My experience almost ever since I joined this board about three years ago, is that it slows and stops at around 7.30 am (UK time) for a hour or so.  I had always assumed that this was a back up on the servers or something, done at an hour when the US would be sleeping.
Mysterious ravens go after local farmer's potatoes

Redsoil

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2013, 07:05:33 AM »
Still having difficulties - started around 11pm, last night.
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

Redwing

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2013, 08:51:47 AM »
I have problems regularly between 7:30 and 9 a.m. CST.

Cherry91

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2013, 09:03:07 AM »
I'm in the UK, and I often find that the site can't be accessed between 2 and 3 pm. I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one it happens to

Curly Wurly Doggie Breath

• Aussie's Rule
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2013, 09:09:00 AM »
Ehh, I always have problems getting anything from about and around 5-7 PM here. every night.

I have noticed one of the other forums I lurk on also has issues around the same time. That one is a popular UK forum.

It doesn't really bother me, i know that the people whom run these sites are Human and Machines will take over the would soon, via Skynet. Just a matter of time  :P

The Southern Cross Flag. Australia

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2013, 09:21:16 AM »
But any that come across EHell will at least be well-mannered cybernetic killing machines.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2013, 09:25:07 AM »
Still having difficulties - started around 11pm, last night.

This one is explainable.   In preparation for upgrades, every night I have been pruning messages that have not been posted in in 3 years and last night I executed that right before 11 pm EST.   Depending on the size of the folder being pruned, it bogs down the Mysql database while it grinds through the deletions.  You can expect some slowdowns/delays tonight as well.   

I'll pass on the other times for slow downs being reported to the IT guys.   One setting recently changed was the time that daily forum maintenance was being executed in order to spread it out.   

lowspark

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2013, 09:42:21 AM »
This morning from about 730 to 745, Central time, clicking links was futile. When it finally did come back, on a click to the Show new replies to your posts. link, I got this message: The server is currently under high stress. Please try again shortly.

It was only about 15 minutes, so no biggie. But I'd never seen that message before yesterday so I wanted to post it here for your reference.

perpetua

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2013, 09:05:31 AM »

I'll pass on the other times for slow downs being reported to the IT guys.   One setting recently changed was the time that daily forum maintenance was being executed in order to spread it out.

Ah, that might explain the following: I noticed over the last week or so that whereas before I would have difficulty getting to the site between 7-8am and 1-2pm UK time, it suddenly shifted to 8-9am and 2-3pm. During that time the forum can't be accessed at all neither can the main site. I haven't had the trouble since Friday though, so perhaps the upgrade has fixed it.

Redsoil

« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2013, 09:25:42 AM »
Out again for about 15 minutes from 10.50pm
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2013, 08:34:21 AM »
It happened again a few minutes ago, and the board is really slow for me right now.  I checked on the "Down For Everyone" site to check it wasn't just me.

It seems to happen daily at around 1:20pm BST.

Psychopoesie

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2013, 09:23:19 AM »
Just happened to me too.